Ten Rules for Getting Effective Results from Prayers

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Surya

Surya Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

Day by day iam becoming more spiritual because of your posts. Iam learning lessons from your postings. Your last week and this week postings both are lessons how to get closer to god. To say this thread is the Gurukulam and of course you are the Guru. We are your students learning life lessons from you. You can ask, " what abt “guru dhatchanai” ?" . what we can give as dhatchanai is only our love to you. Please do accept.

love & regards,
    surya.

2. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Awesome...

in addition to priyas both points i liked even No 9 very much(in fact that tops the list for me)..... that is one thing noone does..i guess...praying for the welfare of you enemies. I think thats the purest and most cleaninsing of actions and the toughest. Thanks for the post Chitvish, i throughly enjoyed it....

We are certainly blessed to have a person like you...i assure you from today i will make an attempt to follow ALL your points.....

Purni

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Surya, please do not put me on a pedestal.

Dear Surya, you are too kind to me - God make me worthy of such nice sentiments.
    Guru Dakshinai ? Let me share with you this. One of my friends always writes to me that I must have done a million good deeds in my previous janmas, to deserve so much of love & affection from you I L ites, none of you whom I have ever seen ! What more can I ask for ? - nothing more & I can't help saying, nothing less.
    Continue with me in my cultural journey, my dear friend.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

4. Chitvish

Thankyou, Purnima !

Dear Purnima,
    Let me share with you something. On the first day in my reiki class, the teacher asked everybody if there are people whom we hate & who are our enemies. Everybody shouted in chorus " yes". She immediately said" send them all your love & pray God bless them" ! We were stunned !
    According to the law of energy, whatever energy we give to the universe comes back to us manyfold. The same holds good for the energies of love & hatred.
    Whenever anybody wrongs you or if you feel hatred towards anybody just say
    " God bless them" - it is not easy, I fully agree. But you have to do it to realise what happiness it gives you. You have no guilt in your mind. Strangely, that same person will become your friend in due course - this has happened to me so many times, honestly ! It may sound unbelievable, but very true.
    Practising all the 10 methods, does make you a better person, not only to yourself, but to all those who interact with you. Ultimately that is what matters to us - don't you agree ?
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

5. jayana

jayana Senior IL'ite

Had to write this week....

Hello dear Mrs.Chithra,

Though I am a bit busy these days, I could'nt resist from writing about this week's post. Its just the right kind of post for me at this point of time/stage.

Before getting married, there were many people around me always, like parents, relatives, friends, but after getting married and coming to US, I started feeling a bit lonely after DH goes to work. So I used to talk to God, tell him my feelings, sometimes be angry with him, etc, etc.....and to tell u the truth, I really used to feel a lot better after that.

Its true that we have some people whom we hate, or would not prefer to talk to.....and I usually gumble about such people who annoy me, to my mother and I remember her saying to me that always wish good for others no matter how they are to u and u will be blessed for good in return. And from your post u reminded me all of that again. Thank you.

And maybe this is God's wish too that we all be reminded of these wonderful steps that can get us close to him, through U......So U maybe God's messenger for us:-D .

Really a good posting. Thank you.

Love and cool regards,
    Jay

6. Chitvish

My dear Jay, thankyou !

No habit is easily achieved or practised. But once consciously developed over a period of time, the happiness has to experienced to be believed !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

I am very sorry, Leo !

When I was going through the F B s , as a matter of routine, I happened to see yours, which I missed out yesterday. I apologise to you for the same, my dear friend.
    Yes, this cultural thread does keep us all united in this forum, you are right, Leo.
    Please continue with me.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

A great guide for our children

Dear Chithra,
    this week's post is just ideal to be taught to the children of today. And I would also like to share my thoughts on praying for others.
    You all know that my son went throught lots of difficult times. Just when he was born, we did not have any hope that he will survive. One of the hurses who took care of him was a Christian. She asked us to write to the Prayer Towers in Greenways Road (run by Dr. Dinakaran and his son Paul Dinakaran) so that they will ask their members to pray for my son. I wrote to them and received a reply from them saying that they included my son also in their prayers. And I could see the results, he became better. Again in the third month, he nearly died twice. I again wrote to Prayer Towers and they prayed for us. I firmly believe that the prayers of those people who did not know us was instrumental in my son's getting well.
    Even two astrologers asked me if I had any miscarriage before he was born, it seems that my first child was not destined to be alive. So I have performed the Mrithunjaya Homam in Shiva temple on my son's star every month for nearly 14 years, for his good health and life.
    My family praying for me is not great, but some unknown person praying for me is great. So from then on, I have also made it a point to pray for others, not at all connected with me.
    I also talk to God like I do with humans. But I do not sit in prayers. After reading your post, I have made up my mind to follow your suggestions. Chithra, you are so kind and have such a good intention in sharing all these wonderful thoughts and experience with all of us. We cannot thank you enough for this. We all value your expereince and suggestions very much. Actually, you are a web guru to all of us. Like Ekalayvan, we are all learning from you many things. You are giving us the juice of what you have learned all these years, easy for us to digest the juice and need not bother about the chakkai.I do not know what else to say.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Well done

Dear Shal,
    you have done a good job. People who have gone thro so much can very well realise the value of life and other small things also. They appreciate even the smallest favours God gives them. We can appreciate a sweet dish better when we partake a bitter or spicy dish before that. If we eat only sweets, we tend to lost appetite for that. So God is making us taste the bitter one first and then gives us sweet, doesn't he?
    Keep the good spirit up always.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

10. Chitvish

I salute the mother in you, dear Varloo !

I fully agree with the ( early part of ) your mail.
    Japa Gopuram (Prayer Towers ) is very popular in Tamil Nadu & you will be moved if you watch their T V programmes. I too agree that their prayers have contributed to Arvind's well being today.
    The pleasure of praying for others is so enjoyable that once you do it, you feel like an achievement. That is in indirect way of coming out of our selfishness also.
    I , honestly, do not deserve your glorification. I must thank you all no end for all the confidence you have in me & following me regularly, encouraging me, all along. Who ever imagined that I L will become such a close-knit family ?
    It is as though we have all known each other for years ! Any amount of
    " Thankyou God" is not sufficient to express my feelings.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.