Ten Rules for Getting Effective Results from Prayers

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Kamla, please do not make me emotional.....

by using words like " mind blowing " etc. I try to put my ideas in very simple words without any embellishments because I want everybody to feel, it is easy to follow ! In simplest words, prayer is our connection to God !
    Thankyou for your, as usual, mind blowing F B , my dear friend !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

God Helps Those Who Help Themselves!

Dear Ms C,

The above is my motto in life. And your post yesterday pretty much sumarizes this above fact. I think when praying to god, one should not have any expectations , just accept his blessings as given. I truly believe in this, and it has proved ture in so many instances for me. I loved all the the 10 points, but especially the last one and point number 9, and 6. I too dont sit and perform long pujas on a daily basis, but am usually constantly saying my slokams while doing my work or while cooking etc.....
    Now we eagerly will count the days to next thursday. Will we have a post ( as the next day is Nombu?)

Vandhana

3. Leo

Leo New IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

Your write-up about "prayer-effective results" is very good. Your postings are so effective that it is making all of us on this board better individuals.

Regards,
    Leo

4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    You just seem to be posting what i have been needing most these days! You seem to know these things intuitively . of late i have been doing this settingtime aside to talk to HIM/HER! And it has been helping me a lot and i can see that maduaikarar and ponnu are following suit !
    And regarding leaving everything in his hand.....just today i am going through that kattam! I seemed to have forgotten to get my residence visa transferred to new passport and i have to leave here on sunday...( and i remembered it early this morning fortunately!) .Today the office which does this is closed and tomorrow happens to be the only day i can get it done....dont know the procedures if it is done immediately or will take couple of days, in which case my flight on sunday will have to leave without me...but believe me, i am not panicking, and have left it to HIM to decide and it really is so soothing!
    Just let him know and leave it to him, whatever HE does is for our good onlyhas been my motto andhave experienced this many times also.
    So ma'am, again another great posting , you have made it so simple , but what a great job this is!

hopefully will see u soon!;-)

5. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Shal,
    That was a good FB , .....you really seemto be close to God and what a relationship.....these things take time to understand and follow, but ur FB shows that you are already into it. keep the faith going always!

6. Chitvish

God helps you, if you help others !

Dear Vandhana,
    I too strongly favour the 10 th point, because that is the " manushya yajnam" I do - you will read about it next thursday. Half the people whom I pray for, do not even know about my existence. But that makes me feel totally selfless in my prayers.
    I do believe in sitting & doing pujas on a daily basis because I feel that develops self-discipline in me, not only that, I enjoy doing them ! Ofcourse if some other priority comes in, I skip & do not feel guilty. But I refuse to give myself excuses. I do not deny to myself that all these increase the positive vibrations in my house.
    As things stand, I will be posting, God willing , next Thursday. It will be on " the daily duties of a Hindu according to our culture".
    Please continue with me, Vandhana.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.
    !

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  7. Chitvish

It is telepathy, my dear Sudha !

My most favourite phrase, I always like to use is " meaningful coincidence " !
    No coincidence is without a hidden agenda ! Yes, leave it to Him about the passport formalities - completely surrender to Him & say " Thy will be done " !
    Do not give up the prayer that whatever is good for you according to His will should happen.
    I can't wait to see you, my dear Sudha !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.
    I forgot to mention, Sudha. You give due appreciation to my Maduraikara without fail - very appreciable indeed . Keep it up - we give you enough & more opportunities for the same !

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  8. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Anything can be achieved by prayers

Dear Mrs C,
    Each week gets better than the previous one Mrs C. Loved each and every guideline. But what really touched me was no9 and no10. It does not come very easily. I never knew that simple words can reach God too. Knowing that makes it easy for me. I will follow this everyday from now on. Thanks for making my life more simple everyday Mrs CV.
    Can't wait for next Thur. Will definitely try to find time to read it inspite of Nombu next day.
    Loads of Love,

9. Chitvish

More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of !

All the points I have given, come to us by the habit of consciously practising them. After all, they make things very simple for us !
    It is incredible that so many of you send me F B s the same day. So God answers my prayers of " sarvae janah sukhino bhavanthu" !
    By the way, I am shortly posting Varalaksmi Nombu format. Please stay tuned !
    Thankyou for the F B , Radha !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

10. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Loved your post Shal

Dear Shal,
    Looks like you are already following what Mrs C has written. Keep it up Shal.
    Bye,