Temples visited by me

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by krishlakshmi, Nov 27, 2012.

1. krishlakshmi

krishlakshmi Silver IL'ite

I am born and brought in Madurai. Since my mother is much more interested on the divine pilgrims, I feel lucky/blessed:thumbsup enough to get more opportunity to visit lot of temples across India.
    My special thanks to my Parents.:bowdown
    I have started the blog to share the temples which I have visited and also share more information as location/specialty of the temples. I am planning to share each temple for each week. Hope ILs will read and get blessing of our holy god.
    Temple: Pillaiyar Patti temple
    Location: Thiruppatthur (1 km from Thiruppatthur bus stand), Sivagangai district in the state of Tamil Nadu, India.
    About the temple: This temple is an ancient shrine of tamilnadu. The main god (Ganesha) of temple is called as Karpaka Vinayakar or Desi Vinayaka Pillaiyar. This temple is most famous for the rock cut Vinayagar (Ganesha) sitting majestically inside a cave. Ganesh is made out of a single rock. The idol was carved by a sculptor named Ekkattur Koon Peruparanan has done who has put his signature on a stone inscription that is found even today in the sanctum. If you visit the temple on chaturthi day you can see ganesha adorned on gold kavasam/armor. You should be one of the luckiest if you get the golden ganesha darshan.
    Getting into the temple: Once you reach the temple you could see a big pond in front of it. You can enter sideway of the entrance and see big deity of lord Ganesha. The good thing about the temple is no one can miss the darshan of Ganesh even in the big crowd, because the dias in front of the ganesha is high and also Ganesha is big enough to give his holy vision.
    Specialty of this temple:
    The Specialty of lord Ganesha idol here is he appears with two hands unlike others with 4 hands, with his legs folded and the trunk (thumbikai) curled towards his right in the valamburi mode and hence also called as valumburi vinayagar Karpaka Vinayagar here is with two hands (unlike other vinayaga idols with 4 hand)with his legs folded and the trunk (thumbikai) curled towards his right in the valamburi mode and hence also called as valumburi vinayagar . The other special feaure of vinayaka’s idol here is his left hand rests on the waist while the right hand holds a sivalinga and Lord Vinayaka here faces north which is said to be direction of Kubera (God of Wealth). The deity tree of this temple is known as "Marudeeswarar" as Marudha tree. You can also deity for shivan and amman. There is a belief by worshipping Kathyayini amman at this temple, women get relived from sevvai dosham which prevent them from getting married.
    Temple timings:
    The temple opens at 6 in the morning and stays open till 1 PM. The shrine is again opened at 4PM and is open till 8.30 PM.
    <TABLE style="WIDTH: 130.45pt; mso-cellspacing: 1.5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184" class=MsoNormalTable border=0 cellPadding=0 width=174><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.05pt; mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 12.05pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">
    Transport Network:
    <TR style="HEIGHT: 0.15in; mso-yfti-irow: 1; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; HEIGHT: 0.15in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">

By Rail
    From Tiruchirappalli, there are Two Daily Trains passing through Karaikudi, which Starts from Chennai and goes up to Ramaeshwaram.
    • Train No. 6101 / 6102 --- Chennai Egmore --- Tiruchirappalli --- Karikudi --- Rameshwaram
    • Train No. 6713 / 6714 --- Chennai Egmore --- Tiruchirappalli --- Karikudi --- Rameshwaram
    Further from Karaikudi, you can reach Pillaiyar Patti by Bus, which is just 12 km away from Karaikudi.
    By Road
    From Madurai to Pilliarpatti via Tirupputtur there are frequent buses. 75 km from Madurai
    From Trichy to Pillarpatti via Tiruputtur 112 km
    <TABLE style="mso-cellspacing: 1.5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184" class=MsoNormalTable border=0 cellPadding=0><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">
    The nearest Air Ports:
    <TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><TABLE style="mso-cellspacing: 1.5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184" class=MsoNormalTable border=0 cellPadding=0><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">Madurai
    <TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">-
    <TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">70 kms
    <TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">Trichy
    <TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">-
    <TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">100 kms
    <TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">Coimbatore
    <TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt">260 kms

To get the latest updates about the temple please visit:
    Pillayarpatti Karpaga Vinayagar Temple Welcomes ::
    To get information from temple trust , Please Contact:
    P.K.NK.TRUST
    Pillaiyarpatti,
    Sivagangai District
    Tamil Nadu State
    Phones: 04577-264240, 264241
    e-mail : pknktrust@yahoo.com, pknk.trust@yahoo.co.in

Attached Files:

8 people like this.

2. krishlakshmi

I don't know how the font style has changed.Next time will take care.

3. Nanimom

Nanimom Gold IL'ite

good to know in detail.. thanks for sharing..

4. krishlakshmi

5. jayanthisuresh

jayanthisuresh Gold IL'ite

thanks for sharing the information ..

6. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

:thankyou2: Krishlakshmi Sister for the darshan of Lord Karapaga Vinayaga, Pillayarpatti on Full Moon Day, feeling really blessed. Indeed blessed to have your mom who is ineterested in visiting temples and evinced interest in you too, Hope you get to visit more temples and therby we get the share of hearing it too.

You were kind enough to give an exhaustive detail about the temple, thanks for your time.

May Baba bless your family and guide you too.

7. krishlakshmi

I really feel so blessed to get a mother like her.Thanks a lot for your blessing saisakthi.

8. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear krishlakshmi

Thanks for sharing. Had great darshan of lord vinayaka thru you on Karthika pournima day.
    I hope to visit this temple one day. I wish lord calls me soon.

Sri Padarajam Saranam Prapadheye

9. krishlakshmi

I thought of posting the below by next week,but since today is full moon and i have some sufficient time today ,I am posting this snippet today.In other way i can say i am unable to stop myself in posting this.This temple is "Immaiyilum Nanmai Tharuvar Temple" .This temple is so close to my heart and my house.When i enter this temple i always feels like i am entering into my house.People born in madurai definitely know about this temple.ILs get a chance to visit madurai Please do visit this temple.
    Temple: Immaiyilum Nanmai Tharuvar Temple means "one who gives benefits in this birth".

Location:Heart(middle) of Madurai,Tamil Nadu, India. It's near to meenakshi amman temple.west masi street
    About the temple: This Temple is build by Pandia's. Presently managed by Sivagangai Devasdhanam.
    This is one of the ancient shrine ,considered to be built before meenakshi temple.The temple is praised as Bhooloka Kailash – Kailash in Earth.
    In this holy temple lord Shiva had worshipped himself. In Thiruvillaiyadhal(Divine sporting)the god had taken the Avataram (Incarnation) as a Pandia king to marry the goddess Meenakshi.Lord Shiva wedded Mother Meenakshi, daughter of Malayadwaja Pandya.He took charge as the king of Madurai then.
    As a rule, Shiva Puaja should be performed before assuming any responsible and high positions. Hence, He installed a Linga and performed the puja. Based on this event, Lord Shiva – Immayilum Nanmai Tharuvar-appears in worshipping posture. Though generally it is believed that reliefs for the sins committed in this birth will come only in following births, it is granted in this birth itself by Lord Immayilum Nanmai Tharuvar.

During the festival days of Avani month, the god Meenakshi Sundareswarar come here, worship and then take over the "Senkol" (the Royal Sceptre) in this temple.Special worshippings are done during the fortnightly period of Pradosams. Then the god & goddess come on procession over the RISHABA Vagana (The bull conveyance) and bless.
    Getting into the temple:
    There are 2 entrances to the temple.If we go west then we can see the courts of Lord Ganesh and Lord Muruga separately.
    If we go inside the Sannidhi on the West we can see the Sanctum Santorum of the Swamy. Usually in all places of Lord Shiva, the Sannidhi will be facing
    the East, whereas here the Swamy is seen facing west. Within the sanctum Santorum and behind the Shiva Linga we can see the Somaskanda Murthy with parvathi devi.
    To be short somakanda murthy& amman are workshipping the deity lingam and we are standing behind the lingam and worshipping them.
    The priest in the temple performs Shiva Puja standing before the Linga and Suyarupa Shiva. Abishek is offered to Shivalinga only.
    Thaila (oil) abishek is offered to Suyarupa Shiva on New moon, (Amavasya), full moon days (Poornima) days and 30 days in the month of Margazhi,
    all totaling to 54 days in a year.
    Persons suffering from chronic fevers are said to be cured if they worship the Sri Jeevahara Linga & Sri Jeevahara Sakthi here. Both these deities can be seen
    when we come around the inner Praharam (pathway around the temple). We also see the various courts for the deities of Nataraja, Mahalakshmi, Sivakamy Amman,
    Pathanjali, Liyagrapathar, Sri Brahmma, Sri Vallasithar, Durga, Lingothparar, Dhakshinamoorthy, Saraswathy, Kasi Viswanath, Visalakshi and Kothanda Rama.
    "Naduvur Nayagi" Amman of this place is also facing South.If we go around the praharam we could see "Navagraha sannidhi"and see the "Viputhi Vinayaka" who is
    seated on the left. Next to it we can see the Sannidhi of Bhairava idol of human height in the Artha Mandapam.

Specialty of this temple:
    The Kaala Bhairava is famous and powerful.Devotees come on sunday evening at rahu kalam 4.30 to 6.00 and usually write their request in a paper.
    The poojari will read th reques in front of Kala baairavan.He will definitely hear and fulfill the request.One should be born blessed to have a vision of this
    God.

Temple timings:
    The temple is opened from 6.15 a.m. to 11.30 a.m. and 4.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m
    Transport Network:
    2 kms walkable from Madurai (periyar) bus stand

To get information from temple trust , Please Contact:
    +91- 452- 6522 950, +91- 94434 55311,+91-93451 55311,+91- 92446 55311

Attached Files:

10. malathia

malathia Silver IL'ite

Thanks Krisha lakshmi :)