Temples In and Around Bangalore!

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by ammulur, May 29, 2014.

1. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

Dear Friends,

This Thread is dedicated to Temples In and Around Bangalore, will update it atleast monthly once with little info about it and with few snaps of the same....!

Hope it might help for the first time visitors.......!

Regards......!

anika987, Venala, aabcii and 4 others like this.

2. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

Nice thread, waiting for your post.

3. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

Let me be the first one to suggest Ghati Subramanya temple.. unique temple with both Lord Narasimha and Subramanya in the same moorthi.. temple famous for annadana..

And in return trip you can buy fresh vegetables and fruits .. there are many veg & fuit plantations around the village.. farmers sell them by the road side.. they are super fresh and relatively cheaper..

4. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

Thank You Gaythri for the kind reply.

Thank You Indoc for the valuable info. If you have the snaps please post them too.....!

5. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends,

As my first attempt on a holly Thursday let me share my Shirdi experience.....! (Last week we visited Shiridi, Trayabhakeshwar, Mini Tajmahal and Anjanata caves with few snaps.......)

I am really very happy to share with Sai sisters, finally Baba has blessed me to visit his holly place. I am happy to brief my Baba’s darshanam with few pic’s and other details.

On 21[SUP]st[/SUP] May, we boarded Mumbai Express train from Renigunta Junction (Near Tirupati) and reached Daund Junction on 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] May at 8 AM, we had some Breakfast there. From here we took a Scorpio at around 11AM and reached shirdi at 3P.M. We were blessed to stay there for 4 days and 3 nights. We stayed in Akila Bharatha for a night and other days in Sai Bhakta Niwas. We had one mukha darshanamam, 3 regular queue dharshanam and one Kakad arthi dharshanam of Baba…….!

After some rest at 4 Pm we had Mukha Dharshan of Baba. As we stayed near we came back and on Holly Thursday we joined the queue at 6 PM had a fabulous Dharshanam of Baba at around 9 P.M. I took some roses to Baba from Bangalore and on Thursday he accepted it. Has a saw him I felt like as if he was smiling at us.

On 23[SUP]rd [/SUP]May we again joined the regular queue at 6 AM and had Baba’s darshanam. Then we moved towards Dwarkamayee Masjid, Chavadi, Gurusthan, Dixit Wada Museum (Baba’s Museum), Udhi counter, we had dharshanam of Dakshin Mukhi Maruthi Mandir, Ganesh Mandhir, Shiva lingam Mandhir and we visited Abdul Baba’s Cottage, Nanavali’s, Tatya’s and Abdul Baba’s Samadhi Mandhir. Around 3 Pm we moved into Sai Bhakta Niwas and had some rest.

In Akila Bharatha there is a beautiful Baba’s statue on either side of it they have fixed mirrors if we look into the mirror it shows Baba by step by step till end it’s like that it’s very nice.

Has my niece has accompanied us without her parents she is just 7 yrs old, had a nice time with her to. In the evening she wanted to play in the garden in Sai Bhakta Niwas we came down they played for some time and water fountain was very nice similar to that of Mysore KRS…. We all tasted trust’s 1 Rupee tea and coffee…..!
    Then we didn’t want to miss Baba’s food and mainly the Baba’s statue near the hall. At 7 PM we took an auto from here to Baba’s Prasadalayam. We had glimpse of Baba I felt really very happy for the prasadam of Baba and it was maintained very cleanly, system / maintenance was very nice.

On 24[SUP]th[/SUP] May night around 12 Am we got ready and reached queue at 1 AM, has I was unable to get Kakad Arti pass, we didn’t want to miss it so came early in the morning. In the queue I was able to read 1 to 9 chapter of Sai Sacharitha……Baba blessed us to reach the hall exactly at 4.25 AM we had Kakad Arthi dharshanam from 4.25AM to till 5.30AM it was really an unforgettable and blissful feeling.

On 24[SUP]th[/SUP] May at 8.30 AM we booked TT from Sai Bhakta Niwas to visit nearby places. We visited one of the 12 Jyothirlingam Trimbakeshwar Shiva Temple. Mini Taj Mahal and few Ajanta caves and came back around 7 in the evening.

My niece was really blessed to celebrate her 8[SUP]th[/SUP] Birthday in Shirdi…..! (Her parents didn’t accompany her, she visited with her granny) Has my sister in laws relatives were more in the group, and my niece has 5 Menathallu (aunties) I was the only one around at this time she was missing the cake. So we checked with an auto person to take us to some good cake shop and bring us back to the Sai Bhaktha Niwas we brought a Black forest cake and made her Birthday celebrations in the Sai Bhaktha Niwas garden…..!

Opposite to Sai Bhaktha Niwas there is an Andhra hotel we had our Breakfast and lunches their food was nice…..!

On the last day that is on 25[SUP]th[/SUP] May we again wanted to have last dharshanam we joined the queue around 5 AM in the morning. I purcased Ghandham, kumkum, prasdham and bangles for my niece which we took with us and requested the Priest to place it near Baba and give us back…..!
    By the end of the Shirdi Trip we were blessed to have 5 holly dharshans of Baba one mukha darshanamam, 3 regular queue dharshanam and one Kakad Arthi dharshanam of Baba…….!

On the same day we took bus from Shirdi to Daund from here we boarded Chennai express at 7:30 PM we reached Renigunta Junction (Near Tirupati) at 1 PM from Renugunta we took a bus to Tirupati at 2 reached Tirupati. We had some lunch and at 2.45 we boarded a bus to Bangalore we reached Bangalore around 9.30 PM.

Special thanks to Sai Shakthi sister her link http://www.indusladies.com/forums/r...32-special-note-devotees-visiting-shirdi.html
    It has helped me a lot before visiting the place I had a virtual picture of shirdi in my mind.

Thanks to my Brother, Sister In law and one more important person who took in charge of booking tickets, to stay there, made arrangement for local trip and all others.

Heartfelt thanks to Baba for making our trip safe and fruitful…………….!

Om Sai Ram!

Baba's Statue Near Prasadhalayam.........!

Image0035.jpg

Baba's Statue Near Prasadhalayam.........!

Image0036.jpg

Statue in Ajanta Caves..........!
    Image0037.jpg

Elephant Statue in Ajanta Caves..........!
    Image0038.jpg

Image0039.jpg

Last edited: May 29, 2014
    anika987, rachaputi and Chachi420 like this.
  6. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

Few more snaps.........!

Image0040.jpg

Image0041.jpg

Mini/chota Tajmahal
    Image0042.jpg

Mini/chota Tajmahal
    Image0043.jpg

Mini/chota Tajmahal
    Image0044.jpg

4 people like this.
  7. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

Image0045.jpg

Image0046.jpg

Image0047.jpg

Image0048.jpg

Image0050.jpg

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  8. Thriveniram

Thriveniram Senior IL'ite

Hey nice thread Ammu.... Nice pics too:)

9. Bavishya

Bavishya Platinum IL'ite

:wowAmulu good information

10. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

:thankyou2:, Thriveniram for the valuable feedback.......!

:thankyou2: Bavi...............!