Teaching Job After Resigning Your It Job

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by happymom2013, Dec 8, 2016.

1. happymom2013

happymom2013 Silver IL'ite

Hi IL's,
    I was working in a top MNC for 4 years. Then i had to quit it after my DD was born. I am a SAHM now. But somehow feel void. I have been getting offers from some other IT companies as well. But i am not convinced in leaving my DD in day care.
    I am looking for some other options like a teaching job. Are there any teachers here in IL? Do i need to do any course before joining a school? What is the qualification? I used to teach my juniors and friends when i was in school and college.
    Please help me. Is there any distant education to do?

2. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I also have same query..I want to know what is the starting salary for school teachers who join without teaching exp.? And is it compulsory to do B.Ed degree to join teaching job? For doing B.Ed by correspondence can houseWives enrol or only teachers employed in schools are eligible for it? Pls clarify these things also..

3. SathSresh

SathSresh New IL'ite

I'm not sure about your location, but we had the same situation when we relocated to Chennai from Bangalore. As it turns out, having a B. Ed certainly helps to get a decent salary, but you need to invest 2 years if I'm right. Having said that, demands of teaching job have increased with additional stress on the teachers to prepare on a daily basis, prepare homework, prepare or review question papers, conduct tests, answer paper correction... a long list. Me and my wife figured it out the hard way that teaching is not suited to housewives or moms. Only few International schools pay a good salary.
    Instead, if you're good at teaching and you don't want to leave your kid, you good look at home tutions. ThinkVidya is a site that facilitates online tutors. You could also conduct home tutions for children in the neighbourhood in your subjects. There is a good demand for tutions these days.

4. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Pls give me following details: what is the starting salary in schools for junior teachers?
    ICSE, CBSE and state syllabus..
    How much do international schools pay?
    What are the general working hours for teachers in most schools..can they work 9-4 or should they stay back after classes for extra work..
    And do teachers get any perks apart from salary..
    Also are teachers usually eligible for 2 months summer vacation or are they supposed to go to school and work during this time also?
    I'm trying to understand practical aspects.

5. SathSresh

SathSresh New IL'ite

I may not be accurate, but here is what I know..

Starting salary for junior teachers - typically 9K onwards
    Int'l schools may pay high - I've heard it be from 20K to even 40K if you've relevant experience, else they also start with 14K or 15K

Typical working hours from 8 or 8:15 or 8:30 AM to 4 or 4:30 PM. Usually children (I'm talking about KG to V std) leave by 3 PM or 3:30 PM and teachers stay 30 - 45 mins more.
    I don't think there are perks...
    Teachers get the summer vacations - they might have to go for a week or 10 days after vacation starts - no real work seems to happen that time.. Some schools also don't pay full month salary during summer vacations, I heard...

Needtobestrong likes this.