Tea Shop Closed ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Anusha2917, Nov 13, 2019.

Should the mods/admins open the tea shop ?

1. Yessssss.

100.0%
  2. Naahhhh ! Not required.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

A short story of a tea shop!

I come back to IL after a short break (vacation to some Northern part of India) only to see that tea shop which I used to visit frequently is closed (will refer this tea shop as Adda as used in a local language) . When it said I can't enter the shop I was like what?? Did I enter the right street? Why did I lose the privilege to meet my bench mates in this shop? Did I not enter the shop correctly? (with HTTPS in the web address)

This Adda entertained a lot of women and a few men (on the forum) to stop by and have some chit chat . Serious topics were discussed with a cup of tea and biscuit in hand. Some permanent visitors always came over ,stopped by and enjoyed the chit chat.

The issues/discussions going on in other nearby shops were sometimes brought into this tea shop for various reasons as the regular visitors of this felt sharing it with their chit chat friends would be right without disturbing the original shop . The tea shop owner gave wonderful inputs wherever possible and stayed away when something controversial was brought into discussion in front of his tea shop. But all the time his inputs were worthy and insightful !

The tea shop was also patrolled by the police frequently to make sure the people who come by to have tea and chit chat don't harm/disturb others by their discussion.

A day came when the police decided to put a thaala (lock) to the tea shop when a small argument /discussion was happening in front of the tea shop. As the nearby shop was closed ,the topic as usual came to this Adda. There was no harm happening but the senior police officer felt putting a thaala (hope a temporary one) would be better in order to avoid more clashes.

I believe that the police always do the right thing for the public but closing the tea shop curbs one's freedom of expression?

My request to the police is open the tea shop once the dust settles down!

Until then I'm on a hunt for an other temporary tea shop in the locality (forum) to meet my bench mates to sit and enjoy that cup of tea with some light discussion.

Hope the lock is opened soon and the ladies can meet at their Adda and enjoy their chit chat . :beer-toast1::beer-toast1:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019

2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Anusha,
    I liked the way you described. If any thread locked by moderators/admins, it never going to unlock again. If you want, you have privilege to create new tea shop with same name or other name.:)

Sunshine04, Anusha2917 and shravs3 like this.
  3. Anusha2917

Is it? Then what a waste of the poll which I created!
    Sigh !!:nomouth:

No point in replicating a thread with the same name/similar content . The charm of the original is lost !!

If they can't reopen it'll be a hard goodbye from my end to that tea shop..

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    Mistt likes this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

There was another tea shop which was closed last year.
    So Rihana had to inaugurate new one. But sadly even tats been closed because the shop admins couldn’t tolerate so much of loud noise.

Mistt and Anusha2917 like this.
  5. Anusha2917

:clap2: Good point. Let's wait until a new shop opens and hope it's not shut down anytime!

shravs3 likes this.
  6. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

How the tea-shop was 'closed'

7. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

Hi Anusha ,

Back with a bang ! Missed your presence here . Reading your description holding morning tea in one hand :wave1:.

With the last closure of the banter thread still very much fresh in mind , I wonder if closing the threads is the absolute last resort or if there could be any other ways to deal with it. New such thread could be created again but as you said the charm is lost somewhat every time as compared to the earlier one. Because discussions and disagreements would happen between members on topics they may feel passionate about. Closing the OP's thread is understandable . Closing the threads in which such discussions spill into does not seem practical every time. But I wonder what could be the other feasible option in such case. Just questions , no answers :icon_writing:

Anusha2917 likes this.
  8. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

It depends on how the tea shop customers behave and admins/moderators have been doing their the best. I really felt sad on closing of tea shop. It is like a missing an attachment with someone/something.

9. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Lol! So apt video.

Anusha2917 and Greenbay like this.
  10. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

New Tea shop is opened in new locality, with new name, and new owner.
    Will that tea taste as good as previous tea? Would Ladiz come with same vigor to have their daily cuppa of chai?
    General Chat And Banter