1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Tax return clarifications- Need urgent help!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by AnanyaAjay, Jan 26, 2012.

1. AnanyaAjay

AnanyaAjay Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

My husband wants to file tax returns here. But we (me and DD) are leaving in 10 days. Today we got to know that we need to file tax id for both of us (Myself and DD). I am worried if that will happen by the time we leave.

Also I need step by step procedure to file returns here in USA. Including getting ITIN, filling w7 form, etc.

Plz friends, I am in urgent need of this info. any help would be much appreciated.

2. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

If you are in a hurry, it's better to go to a tax attorney to get the issues sorted out before you leave for vacation. On the other hand, if you will be back by March end, you can file once you are back.

Either way it is better to go to a tax attorney since you need to get ITIN numbers. A few friends I knew had problems trying to get ITIN numbers on their own. Next year once you have the ITIN number you can file tax on your own.

1 person likes this.
  3. Pranjjal

Pranjjal Gold IL'ite

If you got W2 form from employer then go to tax consultant. You will require ITIN no if you hv dependents like children their ITIN no But If u will apply by ur yourself then it will come after 10 days. So If you will go to tax consultant he/she will give you form to fill up to apply for ITIN number and She will right away file ur taxes if you hv your ID and SSN nos. He/She will give you the prepared document and you need to courier it to IRS dept Texas. Done then you can go. This is the quickest solution.

1 person likes this.
  4. AnanyaAjay

AnanyaAjay Silver IL'ite

Hi Aparna & Pranjjal,

Thanks a lot for the help. Yes, We have already spoken with a consulting agency for tax and are dealing with them and they told us that it will happen within I leave.

Thanks anyways... :)