Tamil Tour Guide In Thailand

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Ragavisang, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Ragavisang

Ragavisang Gold IL'ite

Hi there,

Looking for a Tamil tour guide or any guide in Thailand to my visit in January 2017. If you guys have any information please let me know. I was trying to call Tour with Tong in Thailand but he is not responding:frowning:.

KashmirFlower likes this.

2. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

You have just mentioned Thailand and not any specific destination. Anyways I do not have any tour guide contact. But wanted to share my experience.You really do not need any guide in Thailand, my suggestion,do your own research via internet and enjoy. Thailand is a popular tourist destination, with some careful planning and execution you could manage to spend a great holiday there ! But you really should be careful while shopping, ready to bargain a LOT. Otherwise you will end up burning your pockets.

I have been there years before. Went to a place called Khao Lak some 80 miles away from Bangkok. . Enjoyed most of the stay in Khao Lak(Google it). It is a very quiet and family friendly destination, with lots of activities to choose from, I would suggest. They have bike rentals around the place. If you go as a single or couple, you could rent a bike and do some travelling using GPS and visit some really peaceful, quiet , scenic beaches and enjoy the beauty. We were lucky to be helped by a local kid who came along with us in his two wheeler to show some real beautiful, quiet place with a stream and lots of trees ! I am turning Nostalgic !

There is also some scuba diving and snorkeling activities in Similan Islands, for which there are lots of companies taking tourists via speed boats ,you sail in the sea for good 80 or so nautical miles to reach the group of islands. The tour company provides you lunch and equipment to snorkel. There are 7 islands but only 1 or 2 is allowed for tourist visits. It will be an amazing experience. Wish you good luck.Enjoy your Thailand trip.

Thyagarajan, KashmirFlower and Rihana like this.
  3. Tharun1985

Tharun1985 Bronze IL'ite

Hi...Pavitha....Please share if you have been Malaysia and Singapore tour visit....We have plan to go summer vacation 2017. If you know any Chennai travel trustable one...well and good.

4. happymom2013

happymom2013 Silver IL'ite

hi @Tharun1985 ,
    I had been to malaysia few years back. We did not have any tour guide. In malaysia and singapore, you have got lots of tamil speaking people. you can just do your google search regarding the places. we had been to Kuala lumpur(You hardly need 2 days). 2 days for penang. 2 days for langkawi island. If you need any help in places, i can help you in that.
    Regarding tour travels, i know about one in madurai. It is called murugan tours and travels. Sri Murugan Travels Agency - Reg. Govt of India Tourism
    This is one of the best as far as i know. they arrange you very good stay and also take you to good indian restaurants. you can have a very good time. they arrange for tours every month. you can try calling them.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Tharun1985

Tharun1985 Bronze IL'ite

Hi ...Happy Mom,

Thanks for your information. Please guide me....We would to visit mainly for lord Muruga temple and other interesting places...Now am in Kuwait. How can proceed visa and all....Please

6. Tharun1985

Tharun1985 Bronze IL'ite

Hi ...Happy Mom,

Thanks for your information. Please guide me....We would to visit mainly for lord Muruga temple and other interesting places...Now am in Kuwait. How can proceed visa and all....Please

7. happymom2013

You can try evisa if you are going for malaysia. from india evisa is available. Recently we applied for one of my relative. Malaysia Electronic Visa
    You can register in this site and can apply for evisa. It is very easy to do. Just download Mobile Scanner app in your mobile. You can scan your photo as per the requirement. They are very specific about the size measurements. Scan your passport also in the same manner. You have to upload all that and fill in the details. You will get the evisa within 1 week.

8. Tharun1985

Tharun1985 Bronze IL'ite

Wow...what a easy method...what about visa fees...is this also pay by e-cash...

9. Tharun1985

Tharun1985 Bronze IL'ite

Hi HappyMom,

I have tried the evisa web link...but it has showed following....
    We're sorry.
    We found out that you are visiting from countries that are not applicable for this eVISA service.

Please note that, only Chinese Nationals who are applying from :
    • China Mainland
    • India
    • Indonesia
    • Taiwan
    • Hong Kong
    • Nepal
    • Myanmar
    • Bangladesh
    • Australia
    , Indian Nationals who are applying from
    • India
    • Taiwan
    • Hong Kong
    • Nepal
    • Myanmar
    • Bangladesh
    • Australia

That means I cant apply from Kuwait....Is it so right ?

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. happymom2013

And regarding places, if you are more intended in going to murugan temples, then this would help.
    Kuala Lumpur:
    1) Batu Caves is the famous temple in KL. You will have to climb around 200 steps. But worth the climb.
    2) There are many more beautiful temples a mahamariyamman temple near little india etc.

Penang:
    1)Waterfall hill temple - bottom of the hill
    2) BalaThandayudapani temple - you have to climb the top. There are 300 steps i guess.
    3) There are many more temples also. In george town there are 2 temples. One is opposite to Times Square.

Thyagarajan likes this.