1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tamil Novels made into films

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Padmini, Feb 3, 2009.

1. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

Or Iravu-Anna
    Oru Odai nathiyagirathu-Maharishi
    Mickey and Mod-Rettai vaal Kuruvi..
    Jeyakanthan's sila nerangalil was a drama..I saw it in Kalpana Theatre Madurai.
    Sivappu enbathu niramalla..abandoned novel of Sujatha-Nadodi thendral.

He had written about the making of novels into films and how they bombed.

2. rathisrini

rathisrini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Paanzaa

Silanerangalil Silamanidargal was also made as a movie with Lakshmi and Srikanth donning the main roles. Lakshmi got state award and oorvashi award for this movie.

Yet another movie from novel

Sainthadamma Sainthaddu (Sridevi I think) a story by Maharishi sir.

Cheers
    rathisrini:thumbsup

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear paanza and rathi,
    thank you for joining. as you say " sila nerangalil sila manidhargal" made into a film. this i reffered in my previous posts.
    another master piece of Jeyakanthan's " unnaipol oruvan" was made into a film. Kanthimathi was introduced in that film. The film was made by the author himself. though the movie depicted the novel in good way, it failed in the box office.
    A short novel by M.S.Perumal, was made into abeautiful movie by K.Balachandar as " Aval oru thodar kadhai" which became arunaway hit. after doing so many meaty roles in malayalam movies Sujatha, played the lead role and got a break.
    with love
    pad

4. deepa04

deepa04 Gold IL'ite

hi friend,
    now only i see your thread.i am a new member .:biglaugh
    the film 'malai kallan' is the novel of namakkal kavizar,it was starred by MGR and Banumathi.
    mellai nattu marumagal-film starred by sivakumar is also based on na.parthasarathi's thulasimadam.
    thi.janakiraman's mohamull we never forget.

some tamil novel made in to tv serials also.
    na.pa's kurunchimalar,stared by our thunaimudhalvar mr.m.k.stalin.
    many sujatha's novels made in to tv serials like en innia eandra,kozhaiuthirkalam,dr.narendranin vinodha valzakku
    devibala's madisarmami, ect...

5. Jaya0512

Jaya0512 New IL'ite

Hi

1.Even Author Lakshmi's Iruvar ullam was pictured
    Acted by Sivaji Ganesan & Saroja Devi.

2. Saithadamma saithadu - acted by Sridevi & Sivakumar

6. ivjothi

ivjothi Silver IL'ite

Hi

Penn manam - Lakhsmi is made in to film as Iruvar Ullam

the novel got sakithya acadamy award

:cheers:cheers:cheers

7. thil76

thil76 Senior IL'ite

Hi everybody,

Its a nice thread.

So far, one and all discussed the movies derived from a novel, each one of them gets permission from novelist or nationalised stories.

But I think few other novels were made as films without the knowledge of some novelists. Because, none from the film crew mentioning the writer's credit anywhere in such films or in any interviews as per my knowledge.

The director could have not known story lines of those novels too, but should have noted their due credit whenever they came to know about it. This is my point of view.

For example, RC mam's "Dheepa oli" @ " Urangaatha Kangal " was written in the year 1978 @ Ranimuthu. Fazil's "Poove Poochoodavaa" was filmed in 1985 ( tamil ). I don't know about malaiyalam version. But, as Nathiya only acted in both versions, that film too should have been filmed after 1984.

Please, compare Dheepa oli and poove poochooda vaa.

Compare "En kannin paarvaiyandro" and "Kolangal" starred by kushboo, Jayaram.

And Thangar pachan's "onbathu Roobaai nottu" is a novel " Oru puliya marathin kathai" by " Sundara Ramasamy"

There was a period, some serials in doordharshion tamil, based 2, 3 stories of RC mam's. "Oru kalyaanathin kathai', and few other stories were made into one serial. In that serial " Dharini" ( the girl who had acted as kamal's sister in " unnaal mudiyum thambi" ) acted in lead role. And S. P. shaila'a hubby played the male role.

But I think RC mam was never been credited for these novels, whereas few writers and bloggers dishonestly called her writings as " malam" ( yes, malam, in tamil ). One of the blogger went too ahead, and discredit her writings to the core.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  8. thil76

thil76 Senior IL'ite

ஹை,

வணக்கம்.

வடுவூர் கே. துரைசாமி ஐயங்கார் அவர்களின் நாவல் “மேனகா” வே முதல் முதலாக திரைப்படமாக்கப்பட்ட தமிழ் நாவல். அந்த காலத்தின் அனைத்து முன்னணி நடிகர்களும் நடித்தனர்.

இவரின் “பாக்தாத் திருடன்” நாவலும், இன்னும் சில நாவல்களும் கூட படங்களாக எடுக்கப் பட்டிருக்கின்றன.

துப்பறியும் கதாப்பாத்திரம் ஒன்றினை உருவாக்கிய முதல் தமிழ் நாவலாசிரியர் இவராகவே இருக்கக் கூடும். இவரது “திகம்பர சாமியார்”, துப்பறியும் சாம்புவிற்கு முன்னர் தமிழில் உலவிய பாராட்டப்பட்ட கதாப்பாத்திரம்.

தேவன் அவர்களின் துப்பறியும் சாம்புவை மையமாக வைத்துத் திரைப்படங்கள் எடுக்கப்பட்டன என்பது மட்டுமே அறிவேன். படங்களின் பெயர் மறந்து போயிற்று. தகவல் தெரிந்தவர்கள் அளிக்கலாம்.

நன்றி.