Tamil Month Chithirai Is My Due Pl Help

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by VandhenaKrish, Sep 15, 2018.

1. VandhenaKrish

VandhenaKrish Silver IL'ite

Ladies ,

Dear all .. this is my second pregnancy n my due s on April 25 .. Tamil ppl would know it better.. chithirai s not gud for baby birth as per some superstition or science I don't know.. ppl say in general it is not gud for the baby's dad .. mine s c sec only but I don't think I could prepond it fifteen days for panguni! Though v don't believe in it, if there s something in d future our mind automatically thinks it's due to the baby's birth month .. I really don't know wat to decide regarding date ... Please pour in ur suggestions..

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Get AIRCONDITIONING for the nest, or at least the baby's room.
    The reason there is this old wives' superstition is the weather. The English month of MAY is the hottest in Tamil nadu, and that is when it is not a good idea to have a baby. This was all fine for those days when nobody had AC, and the baby's skin was taking a beating from the sun. Now we dont live in thatched houses, and we have AC.
    Go ahead and have the baby enjoy a full term, as long as she wants, in your tummy. Have your AC checked out, and if necessary (for brownouts) get a generator backup. You will be just fine.
    If you are really wealthy, you can take a couple of months off in Ooty. There are bangalow rentals for the whole summer season.

sindmani, Cheeniya, Laks09 and 4 others like this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Honestly, this belief has no meaning. Every month, every day and every moment are what we make of it. When HIS blessings are with us, please don't worry yourself with unfounded thoughts.
    @Amulet, loved your response.:clap2:

4. suasin

suasin Gold IL'ite

My DD's birthday is April 18.She is 10 now.. No issues in the family.. If it is of any help, my cousin is 50 yrs old, born in april.. My uncle is 75, very healthy not one age related ailment..
    I tell you what my MIL said, chithiraila pirandhaa, sun will be stronger and the child will be bold.. Like some others said, ppl made this not good to be born in chithirai because of the heat.. So, take care of it and I hope you deliver a healthy and hppy child..

5. VandhenaKrish

Very positive information from all of u .. thank you

6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

GK: In Tamil-N the parents want to make sure that the first labor does not come in the hottest month (May) of the year. The first one is the hardest (in most cases), and in the old non-AC times, doing it at home with a midwife's help, would make it very risky, and a real hell. For this reason, newly weds are usually separated ( a tactical move) during the month of July (Aadi in Tamil) of the year, so that the trouble is nipped in the bud..... as it were. I think mrs. VK ( the OP in this thread) did not "go home to parents" in July; and besides being with the Mr., they must have had the AC on when they "initiated the project".... and now they need to keep it on for the rest of the family way. That is all there is to it.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  7. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Exactly!! Well said ma'am :)

@VandhenaKrish I value your concern but please don't give thought for such blind beliefs ma'am and unga mind-la indhamathiri vendadha seeds vidhaikadhinga.....idha baby keta shock agiduvanga. :)

as @Amulet said its the weather which people were concerned about, also it's not only for Tamil ppl others do have the same concern :) take care. Don't worry and stay happy. :beer-toast1:

KrishnaPriya3 likes this.
  8. SpritualSoul

SpritualSoul Gold IL'ite

Hi VK..
    Congrats for ur pregnancy..

My first born DS is a chithirai baby he is 2.5 years old now... During my pregnancy time so many ppl wer confusing me esp my inlaws side.. they said its not good for FIL and not good for DH and many more.. They even compeled me to go ahead with c-sec in panguni itself... But i just ignored everythin..
    I was jus concentrating on my baby..bcos i conceived after 3 years of marriage.. I was literally enjoying in my parents house in my last trimester.. I still remember those beautiful days... I had a smoth delivery without any complications...
    Practically speaking, taking care of baby in summer is much easy compared to rainny or winter season..

My mom is a first born in her family.. She is very healthy in her 50 years... My grandpa lived till 80 years without any health issues...not just health issues he lived a luxurious life till his last day of life all his son well settled and he had a peacefull life .. He always considered his daughter i.e my mother whos born in chithirai as his lucky charm..

Im least botherd about any superstitious belief.. if at all ur much concerned.. There is remedy for this chithirai born babies.. Tats doing ayush homam on babies first star birthday..or it can be done 3rd or 5th b'day also..

In genral ayush homam can be done for anyone for their well being..

To make it spl it can be done in thirupainjeeli sivan temple in trichy...

This remedy was suggested to me by a trustworthy well wisher... But i dint do any homam for my baby.. Just passing it to you as a info..

Enjoy your pregnancy period be happy... Happy mother then healthy baby...

sindmani likes this.
  9. VandhenaKrish

@SpritualSoul yeah tq very much .. we do ayush homam as per our family practice for every child .. so I hope that will help

10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:it is all said keeping on mind that it would be month of summer in certain parts of the globe. 2. It was all said when aircondioner fan etc were not yet invented.
    3.Therefore one need not be scared of time season latitude longitude of place etc., delivery. Enjoy delivery naturally even underwater without apprehensions.

sindmani likes this.