1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Talented Kids of ILite Moms.

Discussion in 'Kids Korner' started by prabhabala, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Moms why don't u share the talents of ur kids

Hi sunkan,

wow. good ones..could only have a peep. the attachment do not zoom out when i try it on picture viewers also.:-(.

But looks like both daughters are talented like mother.:-D

2. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

Hi sunkan,

Congrats to chitra & priya.

Good paintings.

prabha

3. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

HI latamurali,

It is not neccessary to send ur son to drawing class unless it is very near ur house. We should not burden kids with lot of classes.

he can draw at home itself by seeing some books.

prabha

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  4. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai friends

Very good morning HAV A NICE DAY

Even my son got in KARATE - ORANGE BELT and he also participated in KARATE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT , a month before, he perfofmed well in the first two rounds and got eleminated jus bcos he didFOUL PLAY :bangcomp: (fails to follow rules properly due to childishness) ,but HIS TOTAL PERFORMANCE WAS REALLY GOOD, if he follow the rules properly def'ly he will get GOLD MEDAL in the next tournament :2thumbsup:

And, he was learning KEYBOARD and know to play tunes for some Cine songs,2 Keerthanais,All rhymes,Happy birthday tune and NATIONAL ANTHEM:-D but the master stopped the class in the middle :-( due to his new job , till this date iam searching for GOOD MASTER TO TEACH KEYBOARD, My hubby immidiately purchase big YAMAHA KEYBOARD FOR 10K

He is ACADEMICALLY TOO GOOD IN STUDIES AND HE IS AN OUTSTANDING PERFORMER IN HIS SCHOOL AND FROM KG TO 3RD STD HE CAME FIRST IN ALL EVENTS IN SPORTS ALSO:2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :-D :-D

HIS HANDWRITING IS VERY EXCELLENT (Kanula othikalam pola erukkum)

But, all the extra classes, he attented, JUST FOR MY "PIDUNGAL" and he DOESNOT HAVE ANY INTEREST BY HIS OWN:bangcomp: :bangcomp: :-(

I DONT KNOW Y :idontgetit: :idontgetit: but though he went for me , whatever he learns HE WILL EXCEL in that and get appreciation from the Masters

I want my son to learn everything(like all parents ) , only alternative days classes will be there ,thattoo, everything will be over by 7pm , so he has enough time to play.watch tv etc..and he does not have any severe homework
    also, in that case, why he refuse to learn something extra.

IAM CONFUSED, WHETHER HE IS RIGHT OR WRONG ., doing anything by comopulsion, will lose interest ,at a point of time:icon_frown: :icon_frown:

Friends, pls guide me

And. i have also started a thread for knowing about extra classes and all the details about it FINE ARTS CLASSESS - VENUE

pls post ur replies, it willbe most beneficial for all of us

thank u for ur patience to read my big mail

latamurali

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi lata,

I think all boys are like that..my son is 9 he is also like that. he got silver medals only after seeing that his sister got more than him..but that also does not motivate him nowadays...

boys are playful..there is a casual attitude..and girls are too serious..(no bats please because i have both of them).

Let him take up something he is really interested...dont force...i tried to force him in vocal...in the beginning...and then one day told him it is his decision i will not force but will be happy if he learns...he goes to the classes.

cricket is his passion. so he gets up at 5.00 and goes for his coaching..and comes back at 7.00 am. to get ready for school bus at 7.30..only thing is the time management ..but he has learnt it the hard way...

Talk to your son find out what he really wants to do...dont force... my dad always used to say that you can take a thirsty horse to the water source but cannot make it drink or can we drink for it...so he will come around...

dont worry...all the best...ask him to practice on the keyboard...ask him recognise notes of the new songs he likes.... and play them..:2thumbsup:

6. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

hi lata,

The quote said by shanthi is excellent.

Read ur long mail.

Find what he is really interested in & continue that class.

He can excel in that particular field.

Even my daughter shruti is too good in everything but we have to spot the exact talent in them & encourage them.

she is too good in giving speech (from 1st standard) and she wants to be a Journalist .so both matches very well as communication is a must in that field.

There is scope to excel in any field nowadays.

Most parents burden the children with lot of classes. That should be avoided.

prabha

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  7. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

My deares friends

Thank you very much for ur kind replies

But, i dont know why no one replied to the thread to know about FINE ARTS CLASSES AND THEIR VENUE :!: :!: :!:

ANYTHING WRONG IN THAT THREAD:confused2:

latamurali

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi latha,

There is nothing wrong with your thread...but i was little sceptical...and also felt that if it was under the same city forum like the schools would it not be more helpful..to check out....

if you agree we will start one..then people can talk about the classes near their homes/in schools....

I have a few addresses i have been compiling for my blog...i will post it here....

9. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Latha,

There is one in Selaiyur, as I am the program coordinater there and I could say what we teach there.

We teach the kids, Kool maths a form of abacus, art and crafts, spoken english, barathanatyam, music, key board, western dance, drums, carnatic music etc.

If you could call me again I can tell you how to reach the venue and you could talk to one of hte partner of the institute.

10. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi now its my turn to boast.

I have always talked about my daughter. I thank Praba to talk again about her. You know what my parents have never boasted of me or of my brother to anyone and we have always felt a bit odd when all other relatives boast about their kids.

Daughter is in 1st standard and she is 6 years old. Though not a prodigy she is next to prodigy. Good at Maths and Tamil and she is getting herself accostomed to reading big books in English and Tamil. she is an avid listener and she could repeat back anything she listens once. Be is a song, be it a sloka whatever be it she just need to hear it once and then she will be repeating it back without any mistakes. So she makes sure that she should not take leave to her school (but it doesnot happen completely).

She is good at colours and shades and in teaching. She teaches her friends how to read, write and do the maths sums. I really adore her patience.

Son, just two years old, loves colouring and playing with flash cards. He associates the pictures in the cards with the first letter(of course it was once taught by either me or by his sister). I have got him a plain drawing note and almost the entire note is full with his colouring. He wants to eat all by himself and never spills even a single grain (which I didnot see with my daughter).