1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Taking work from others is also an art!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

I was smiling to myself as I read your post pushpa ma'm since my mom and I just had this conversation a few days back.
    Since I got quite a lot of work done for her I can say I am quite good in getting work done from others :):)

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear P.S ma'am,
    Your post brought some nice memories....

One was about my Grandmother......She would always speak very sweetly with love and no one can refuse what ever work she asks them to do......

the other , a quote........
    A good man does all the work by himself....and a smart man gets all the work done by others....

I am not smart to extract work from our house hold helpers.....and I have a policy....( of the sour grapes sort...)...
    No more helpers......I did not have them for the last five years.....( after coming here, I can't think of them though......mmmm)

1 person likes this.
  3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,
    You are really great. You get your mother's work done by others even though you are quite far away from her. I envy you for your smartness to take work from others.
    Love,
    PS

4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi,
    I too know people who take work from others talking very sweetly and praising them. So your grandmother used that tactics to take work from others.
    It seems you and me belong to the good man/woman category not the smart one.
    Perhaps if you were in India you could have tried to taste the sour grapes. ha ha ha.......
    Due to others pressure I tried to taste the sour grapes, but now I stopped and doing all the work myself with the help of my sweet hubby!
    Love,
    PS