1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Take my advice - do not help others

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by greenplanet, Jan 27, 2010.

1. greenplanet

greenplanet New IL'ite

Finest Blog of Jan 2010 - Runner Up!

Let me introduce you to Mr. P . He is a honest and simple person. It pained him much to see others in trouble and he would always go an additional step to help others , whether it is an individual or the society .A good Samaritan you can say.

Today was Tuesday , and it was usual for P to get up late and laze around as it was his day off. Getting up from his bed , he realized that he had forgotten to buy milk the previous evening.

“ Oh, let me call for a cup of tea” he thought aloud .

Picking up the phone receiver he dialed the nearby tea shop. As he waited for the phone to connect he suddenly overheard two voices. It was clearly a case of cross connection. One voice was that of a lady and the other one of a man. She sounded very upset.

“And don’t you dare call me a sweetheart. “ I am terribly upset. Even the friends in my office and bus remembered and wished me. And this is not the first time, even last year you forgot my birthday. How can anyone forget their wife’s birthday two years in a row? And absolutely no gifts. No, I cannot continue to live with you. I am going away to my mom’s house. I won’t come back.

“ Please don’t” , it was the male voice. “ I agree it was entirely my fault. Please understand me, it won’t happen again”.

“ No enough is enough”. She said. “ You can now be at peace with the other women in your life “.

“ Please don’t do this to me “ , he said. “ I just want to meet you, let me come over and explain. It’s not true….”

“ No “ she interrupted “ …if you want ..we can meet just one time more …come over to the diamond park at 5 pm .She kept the phone down. “

It all happened so fast, P had hardly any time to understand exactly what was the scenario before both of them disconnected.

Forgetting his tea.. he started to think. Poor girl …she is really sad ..but I don’t think such a matter should call for a divorce. Although he is at fault the man should be given another chance. By the way does he have another girlfriend?

Deeply affected by the discussion he had overheard, P wanted to help, his heart once again melting, this time for the poor couple. Then an idea dawned. Why don’t I visit the park today at 5 pm and try to bring them together.

Being his day off P was at the park exactly at 5. Diamond park was a major hub and attracted many people. It was a huge park with many play and amusement area. One of its side was facing the beach and drew many couple as they came here to sit and chat. P was now in a dilemma. How can he make out the couple he was looking for . Slowly he walked by each of the pair standing next to them for few minutes , acting as though he was talking on his mobile or just trying to do some exercise. But none of them were having a fight or sounded unhappy. As he neared the last of the seats he overheard the lady saying

“ I am leaving now…We won’t meet again… I understand that you won’t mend your ways…you always forget everything about me … you love them more than me …so let’s part …if you continue like this soon you will be in the court…”.

“But Priya ….” said the man ..” why don’t you understand me . You have known me for more than an year now …”.

“ I am sorry . I don’t have any more time to waste“ she said sounding disgusted and walked off briskly.

The man sat for a minute , with his hand on his head , and then began to walk away. P was just about to talk to him …but then he thought “ Let me follow him and see if he is having other girlfriends”. At times like this men generally meet the other woman. The matter was serious now as Priya has directly warned his husband of divorce by telling him that she will see him in court.

The man took a taxi and P followed in another taxi. He got down near the Mega mall which is at the centre of the city. He then walked into a bylane. It was now getting dark and the street lights were not yet on. P followed him walking brisk to keep up with the man, at the same time keeping distance, not giving himself away.

The man went into an old building…its walls looking dirty and cracked …in dire need of repair work and fresh coat of paint. The man entered the building and went up the old wooden stairs and it creaked under his weight making all kind of noises. He climbed the first set of eight and turned to climb the other . P knew that following him was meaningless as the man would notice him. So P waited , his ears all open absorbing each sound coming from the upper floor. He then heard a door open and realized that the man had entered a house in the first floor.

Now taking off his shoes P went up making as little noise as possible . Reaching the first floor , he saw there were just three houses and one of them had the door wide open. There was nobody to be seen in entrance room. Realising he was now entering danger area , but still keen to know the happenings he entered the house , stood still and listened.

“Listen Kishore “ the lady’s voice called out . “This is not the time to discuss all this.”

“ But Simi please try and understand that Priya knows about my involvement with you and doesn’t want me to continue . She is very upset with me and has threatened not to meet me ever again. “

“ But Kishore, don’t just think only about her. What about the commitments given to me . You can’t get away from that.” the lady replied.

“ But Simi she talked to me as though she has understood our plans and this is worrying . She even mentioned the court. I don’t know what to do.” the man said.

The lady continued “ Just do as I say Kishore…move on with your life …there will be more Priyas .” “The D day is tomorrow and you are our champ. We won’t get another chance. “

Then something happened which P could not figure out. Suddenly there was a huge sound, as though thousands of horses were running. He turned back to see a mob of policemen coming up the stairs. He then saw Kishore and Simi running towards the window and jumping down. Before he could do anything he was caught, lifted and taken down by the policemen. “We have caught the third accomplice ‘” shouted one of them.

It was only after 24 hours of stay in the stinking prison cell was P released after proving his innocence. Kishore and Simi were part of a naxalite group planning for a blast in the city. Priya was Kishore’s girlfriend.

P realized his folly and took the resolution of never getting into unwanted areas again. But somehow he couldn’t stop himself from checking the phone now and again, during the next few weeks , hoping deep in his heart, that the same cross connection will come up again , this time with an happy end .

[​IMG]:wave:

2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

You kept the tempo very well till the end. Nice twist at the end. Enjoyed reading.

3. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Good one............Enjoyed reading
    waiting for your next blogs

4. ayyan

ayyan New IL'ite

Hi Gp,
    It was like a suspense movie…nicely written, Well done…ayyan.

5. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Hi
    I thought i was watching movie minus the songs and dance, but kept me glued to the end. Lovely.
    Jaya

6. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Enjoyed it... I liked the last part where you have said
    But somehow he couldn’t stop himself from checking the phone now and again, during the next few weeks , hoping deep in his heart, that the same cross connection will come up again...

7. greenplanet

greenplanet New IL'ite

Thanks Sundarusha for reading and your comments. Regards GP

8. greenplanet

greenplanet New IL'ite

Hello Meenupanicker, Thanks for reading ...Regards GP

9. greenplanet

greenplanet New IL'ite

Hi Ayyan, Thanks for your comments . Regards GP

10. greenplanet

greenplanet New IL'ite

Hi Jaya, I am feeling elated reading your comments. Thanks , Regards GP