1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Take a break.. let's have a FRAGRANCE chat

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by honeybee, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

2. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Soumya dear,
    You get the bamboo reeds with the fragrance oil. It comes as a kit and is commonly known as fragrance diffusers.

We are using the Himalaya stress releif body oil.

Its nice to read all the responses by everyone in this lovely thread

3. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear Shan
    Thanks for the links.Now I have an idea about wooden balls and scented stones.

regards
    Sowmya

4. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Hi rkgurbani
    Will try for a similar kit in chennai else it'll be on my priority list when Iam travelling.

5. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

As I walked in with twigs of neem flowers and leaves ,all set to usher "Tamil new year" traditionally with pachadi tommorrow just thought will chat about good old neem and its benefits.
    Neem breeze can promote good health,fruits,flowers and leaves can be consumed directly to cleanse the intestinal worms.
    Neem oil used in vaporiser/diffusers can effectively control mosquitoes.The most dependable natural insect repellant. A few leaves in the rice drum can keep the insects and worms at bay.
    Coming to skin care aspects.. neem soap is a good anti microbial,in short the bitter neem can be crowned "Versatile".

Summer... and jasmine go hand it hand.You can count the no of heads sans jasmine this season,it's a universal favourite.

It's interesting to note that jasmine induces beta waves in the brain and smelling jasmine can make one energetic.
    A small digression here wrt jasmine flowers

Heard an interesting titbit...It takes around 10 million jasmine flowers to yeild about just 1.2 L of jasmine oil.
    Jasmine sherbet is an exotic natural herbal drink and I did see a couple of cookery shows demonstrating the preparation.
    I am told that some popular restuarant in chennai has "jasmine pulav" in it's seasonal special menu.( I am confident that it's not jasmine rice
    thay are referring to.) Can somebody help with details?

Wishing all of you a very Fragrant Tamil New year 2012.

regards
    Sowmya

1 person likes this.
  6. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

general uses of fragrance oils

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/c...ke-break-lets-have-fragrance.html#post2211458

continuation of the above post...

Inhalation: Add 2-3 drops of selected oil in hot water and inhale the steam.It has the benefit of a steamfacial as well.
    2-3 drops sprinkled on a kerchief retains the fragrance longer.
    A few drops of aroma oil on a tissue kept under the pillow or on pillow cover gives a relaxed sleep.
    prefered oils for Insomnia:
    1.geranium
    2.lavender
    3.sandal wood
    4.rose
    5.Ylang Ylang

Diffusers & vapourisers

Room sprays:10-12 drops to be mixed with 1/2 litre water and sprayed using a pump.Lavender,lemon,peppermint,rosemary are ideal.Aroma oils can be used to disinfect wardrobes and cupboards.

insect repellants: Fragrance oils are non toxic and hence safe to use and very effective.2-3 drops of citronella can be sprayed on mosquito mats and electrically used. Other repellant aroma oils are:
    teatree,lemongrass,camphor.

pot pourri
    A mix of dried flowers,herbs,seeds grass sprinkled with essential oils of one's choice gives a fragrant ambience.To maximise the effect,spray the oil on the potpourri mix,keep it covered overnight.The oil is absorbed and gives a lasting fragrance.

7. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

fragrances : product watch window

Some interesting links related to fragrance products
    www.auroshikha.com
    Their hamper comprising of 8 fragrance oils (5ml) is an ideal gift for special occassions.
    The oils are
    1.rose
    2.nagchampa
    3.lotus
    4.jasmine
    5.musk floral
    6.ylang ylang
    7.sandal
    8.spring blossom

Biotique has an interesting travel kit comprising of shampoo,bodywash,body lotion etc priced at Rs.375

for a range of ayurvedic beauty products here's the link.
    biotique botanicals

Friends if you have more interesting links share them here.

8. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

Re: fragrances : product watch window

I once had a rain fragrance deo that I bought from Dubai- but I could not find it again- and I don't know the company. It was such a refreshing fragrance!!! * nostalgia*

9. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Re: fragrances : product watch window

Hi shruthi
    Welcome to this thread.
    Nostalgia...:)
    Rain fragrance... sounds exciting.
    I love the smell emanating from mud when there is a spell of rain when hot.(Mann vasanai)
    Now I have become nostalgic.:hiya

thanks
    Sowmya

1 person likes this.
  10. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Beauty care with fragrances

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/c...-break-lets-have-fragrance-2.html#post2216406
    continuation of the above post

Aroma oils and beauty care

Since essential oils are not to be used directly in their concentrated form,they are diluted in compatible oils commonly called carrier oils or base oils and then used.
    Commonly used carrier oils are:coconut oil,sesame oil,sunflower oil,any vegetableoil and for beauty therapy the preferred oils are almond,jojoba,olive,avocado,apricot,wheatgerm.

How the oils work...
    The essential oils penetrate through the skin & enter the blood stream.The toxins are flushed out of the body through urine,sweat,excreta.

Aroma oils are effectively used in facials,massages,pedicure,manicure,hair treatment (dandruff) because it is safe to use.

Facials:rose,sandalwood,lavender,lemon oils can be used universally irrespective of skin texture-dry,oily or normal.

Bath: Aroma oils can be used to relax & rejuvenate the body when used in a bath tub.Add a few drops (8-10) of oil of your choice and spend about 15-20mins in the tub.Alternatively the aroma oil (2-3 drops)can be used in a bucket of
    water.Mix the oil and water thorougly before use.

massage:
    benefits of aroma oil massage:
    1.most effective form of oil absorption as the penetration is direct.
    2.liberates trapped energy from tense muscles and improves blood circulation.
    You can try massages with different combinations & I have successfully tried facial and foot massage..

facial massage
    jojoba oil (about 3 ml)
    papaya toner ( a few drops).Tip:please use a branded toner... I use banjaras
    almond oil/wheatgerm oil (about 3ml)
    orange oil -3 drops
    Leave it overnight.The skin becomes soft and glowing.

foot massage
    teatree oil,lavender oil (3-5 drops each)
    and wheat germ oil (about 15 ml).
    Since all the nerve endings are located on the sole of the feet a gentle massage works wonders.
    caution: Please do a mandatory patch test on your wrist or back of the elbow using the intended massage combo,leave it overnight.If there is no irritation,it's safe on your skin.

Foot bath is beneficial if you are pressed for time and can be had at any time of the day.Soak the feet in a tub of luke warm water with 3-5 drops of aroma oil.It gives a fresh feeling.