1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Take a break.. let's have a FRAGRANCE chat

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by honeybee, Apr 10, 2012.

1. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Aroma,scent,flavour,perfume,essence.. all these words are synonymous with the the term"fragrance"!.

Fragrance is ubiquitous in our lives and the young and old alike love pleasant smelling stuff- be it aromatic soaps,candles,detergents,scented flowers,shampoos,incence sticks.. the list is endless.

Fragrances play a vital role in relaxing the mind and relieving stress and these days scented herbal,organic oils are in great demand.
    Aromatherapy is gaining momentum and is a preferred relaxation technique among IT professionals..

My quest to know more about fragrances began when I received a gift hamper, a pack of 6 small fragrance oils some time back and I plan to
    share what I have understood about aroma oils and its effects with you.

Friends..do share your aromatic views here about
    1.your favourite natural fragrance,scent/perfume.
    2.your favourite aromatic product example: incence stick
    3.Tips on using the essential oils
    4.Do's and Don't s if any.
    5.Any interesting comments/observations received when you used a particular scent?

2. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Thats a nice fragrant thread honeybee...

Yes, fragrnace plays a very vital role in our daily life. We all like to smell good and also like to have pleasant and aromatic surroundings.

My favourite natural perfume would be tea-rose, I love the fragrance unfortunately, I develop a headache whenever I use a heavy scent. Currently, I am using Prada and Davidoff Coolwater. Both very refreshing.

As for aromatic products, I like agarbattis When we vsited Mysore, we came across some scented oils for room freshners. We just need to dip a bamboo reed in the diluted oil and the entire room smells pleasant. The apple-cinnamon fragrance is what we liked and even picked up a bottle of that.

Himalaya Stress releif Boldy massage oil is divine. It immediatly refreshes you and the skin feels great after the massage. The pleasant aroma of this oil releives you of tiredness at once.

2 people like this.
  3. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Hi rkgurbani
    Thanks for your prompt response.:)
    That's really interesting...room freshners where you use bamboo reeds.Does the carton of scent include the bamboo reeds too?

Yes.. the Himalaya body massage oil is too good.I use it too.Are you referring to the sweet flag analgesic?

regards
    Sowmya

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sowmya,

fragnances and diffusers i am in..

I love air diffusers and also believe a lot in aroma therapy..and i love all the essenses that i can grab around.

i love agarbathis, aromatic wood balls, aromatic candles along with the diffusers and oils.

1. your favourite natural fragrance,scent/perfume.-lemon, orange and marikozhunthu..(a very small sprig not more) and even jasmine.

2.your favourite aromatic product example: incence stick -sandal, lavender..both are mind destressers be it in airwick,or agarbathi.

3.Tips on using the essential oils ..never go overboard. try a few drops before you infuse in anything. though costly are worth it.

4.Do's and Don't s if any. never store essential oils in bright lights. better buy them in dark bottles. also never use them direct. have to be diluted depending on the oil , most of them can be diluted in the regular vegetable oil. never taken an oil close to eyes. keep it away from kids..

5.Any interesting comments/observations received when you used a particular scent
    lavender definitely lifts your mood. this has been felt by my neighbours when my airwick diffuser is left on..it is like in the add. the whole block smells of lavender...lolz.

2 people like this.
  5. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Hi Shan

Very interesting to read your response and useful tips..

So one more Airwick patron like me..:hiyaMay our tribe increase.:thumbsup
    My experience with lavender fragrance..
    I bought Lysol-Lavender for the first time a few months back and my maid loved it.She's been doing a thorough floor cleaning ever since ,just to smell the fragrance longer.:rotfl

regards
    Sowmya

1 person likes this.
  6. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Essential oils are natural,fragrant oils extracted from plants,flowers,trees,fruit,bark,grasses,roots and other plant parts.
    For a beginner's reference:
    basil oil -from leaves
    orange-peel
    chamomile-flowers
    vetivert-roots
    lemongrass-grass

Organic essential oils are also available, they are considered to have a higher potency and hence very expensive.The best aspect about essential oils is they have no/or very negligible side effects.Aroma therapy is not a substitute for treatment of any pre existing condition.For instance regular application of some oils can lower BP because of its relaxing effect.,hence it is highly recommended to consult a physician
    before use.
    Essential oils are be used sparingly and should not be used directly in it's concentrated form.

There are five fragrance categories
    1.floral
    2.citrus
    3.woody
    4.spicy
    5.green

oils recommended for women
    geranium
    cypress
    juniper berry
    These oils can help relieve pms and to be avoided in pregnancy because it can induce cramping.

primrose eases menstrual cramping.

7. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

I love Fragrance products (Love the Natural fragnant emitters like Flowers).My DH also love to buy perfumes for me. I have 3-4 perfumes at a time(Mostly i get them from Abroad. Only when i run out of Stock i buy the Market Ones). My favourite Brand is Armani.

Apart from that i simply love to have good Smelling Agarbathis(Lavender/jasmine/Sandal) ones at home. Apart from that i regularly use air freshners..

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sowmya,

primrose oil for menstrual cramps..

I love the teas.chamomile,vanilla, hibiscus.

have you tried the scented wooden balls, or the scented stones..both are worth the buy..they last very long..i think i have seen them in homecentre in chennai..

citronella while cleaning floors keep insects at bay..a few drops of vanilla essence in the mopping water makes the home smell sweet...

9. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Brahan
    Thanks for dropping in.
    So which is your favourite fragrant flower?

regards
    Sowmya

10. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Shan
    You appear to be a mobile aroma encyclopedia.:bowdown:bowdown
    I have edited mypost to include primrose oil.
    I have not tried the wooden balls or stones. will look out for them.
    Are you referring to green tea?Green tea is also available in these flavours.

Let's continue chatting...

regards
    Sowmya