1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tailors are always busy

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 30, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Getting a good tailor who stitches according to your choice is difficult. When I was in my own house we had a tailor who is our tailor since long time. He used to sometimes give in time but sometimes make us go to him two, three times . He will tell that he will deliver it at home but wont deliver in time. Most of the time he used to give us in time

When I came to the new rented house I was glad that I got a tailor nearby only. Later I came to know that he was the son of our old tailor. Four or five days before I gave my saree and blouse for fall bidding and to stitch the blouse. Told him I want it on 18th since 19th was my Birthday. He also told me he will give it on 18th and he will deliver it at home. But he gave it only on 19th night. So I could not wear it on my Birthday. Anyway sinc enext day was Varalakshmi Pooja I wore it on that day. I was happy that he had stitched my blouse perfect.
    While wearing only I saw that he had not stitched fall for the saree but still I wore it. Last Wednesday I gave it to him for stitiching the fall , he said he will give it the next day and since two days he was saying it is ready but since it was raining he was not able to deliver. I also was busy , so could not go and take it personally. Today finally I went myself to get it. Now a days you have to be after them to get the stitching done.

Sometimes I feel sorry for them but they should also take the order which they can finish it in time. They take everyone's orders and are not able to deliver in time. Especially during festival time they are so much in demand.

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Vijima,

Belated birthday wishes. It is a God's gift to get a tailor who stitches correct size and delivers it on time. I fighted with these tailor and started learning sewing. Now i am relieved. But for my daughter's churi stitching - again running back to the tailors.

andal

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vijima, cant agree more on this. Only last week I was running behind my tailor for getting my blouse stitches since I had a mariage function to attend. I too think the same, its really difficult for them to manage these many clothes and I even wonder how well they remember which clothe was given by me. But they dont understand their capacity they simply keep everything saying yes it will be delivered.

But my tailor at hometown was very good in this, She will tell straightly to us that she cant take the order coz she wont be able to deliver it on time. Still I have seen customers pushing her to adjust a bit. But she wont, coz she know she wont be able to keep her word. We need more such tailors:)

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Andal

Thanks for your wishes. Glad to know you have learnt tailoring and do it yourself. May God bless you

love
    viji

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ami
    Glad to see you here. So you also had the same experience of running behind the tailor. Good to know that tailor in hometown takes orders for those which she can give in time.

love
    viji