1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

T.v And It's Influence In The House List

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Oct 16, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

The family growing is the best period you can cherish as a mother, first it was only hamam, ponds jasmine, sometime margo in our house as that was shown as the best in advertisement, then came pears, and how can I forget our great mysore sandal soap.

Those were the days when my kids started growing up to a stage where they would decide what tooth paste best they would like to try out, colgate, promise, anchor, babool, and tv played a very important role the better the advertisement, the greater the effect..

In all their mumbling effort to speak also fell in this category, like “washing powder nirma, washing powder nirma, doood piye naye” now what was that come again, and my little one would run away, she felt that it was saying what she sang. Now coming back to the ad next on the list was liril and my elder one would say mmmm! What lemony lemony even without getting to smell it because the ad said so, our J.C stores always had a gala time he would go on to tell them you know what is in the market? The new ponds lavender heard it is great do you want I add it to the list, and this way I had too many trial stuff in our monthly list, there was no replicate of the same again if it did not enhance their mood the way the ad did in the tv.

Their father also contributed a lot for this, he used to bring some camay and lux and Palmolive all from abroad though they did not love the Palmolive or lux so much as they loved camay, Yardley rose, lavender again it made their mind swoon with the smell and when my elder one got into the bath the entire house used to get the smell don’t ask me how, we also used the same soap but the effect seem different may be a lot of lather going on inside…

Then came the lavender with it all things have rested. The lilly of the valley and the lavender smell is something hard to replace they say, and again the elder one going in for some lotus product with two or three fragrance in different color all put into one, sometime coconut smell sometime I am lost here…
    I should say the same with coffee even that had dramatic changes here we started with brooke bond and then Nescafe and then sunrise instant then now back to cothas red and green to be mixed.

From time immemorial the drastic changes from toothpaste to shampoos to perfumes and so many things the girls do bring in a lot of innovation by the time they settle in for something stable…sunkan

2. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Sunkan,

That is the power of branding and marketing. A slick and catchy advertisement can do wonders to improve the market of even a bad or relatively unknown product. There was (and may be still is) a product called Regal Blue (Regal Sottu Neelam in Tamil). It came from a small Indian company in Coimbatore. It did not have the backing of any large MNC. But it had a large market which could be credited to its catchy TV advertisement. Sometimes people buy things that they may never use only because they were influenced by the ad's.

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sunkan
    It is really the gimmick of advertising. Sometimes people buy things that they may never use only because they were influenced by the ad's. is rightly said by Nivedi. It works even today. I am proof of it.

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear nivedi,
    the urge for a change in human leads to trials and errors, and what better way than these ads, we in our days never got to see any of such stuff so depended only on the grocer and never bothered to verify until u have tested, like sunlight soap, surf was there, then rin and so on..now you have variety so many on the shelves of the malls that again all u do is trial and error u find no guarantee and am not surprised abt the ads influence especially on kids..sunkan

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sunkan,

You rbing back old memories.Who can forget the Thums Up " Taste the Thunder" ads.Yes these days new and new products are coming, with high power Ads, but they wont have that lasting power like the old,as more and more products come in competition .

Good one.Regards.kamal