1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Switching To Underpants For Lo?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sanjuruby3, Nov 28, 2016.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi

My kid is 2 1/2 yrs old and she is fully potty trained but inside home. For outside/night, we diaper her. She will tell and also for walks near apartment, I do not put diapers on and she tells. She won't do in outside bathrooms and tells to go home and do.
    But for far distances ( like long walks even 20 mins away from home) or car , I have to put diapers on. Many times I tried w/o diapers, relieving her before leaving and then keep asking/informing not to do in car/stroller and tell me but she had accidents. It was not even in cold weathers. I just try with short distance and even when it was not cold at all. So I stop for sometime and again try after some weeks but everytime.
    I think it is jerks/motion( from car/stroller) or some kind of fear as she can completely hold herself for hours at home.
    Now I hear other indian kids/girls fully trained at her age.
    What are the tips to train her outside? and at night, we sleep-pee her once before we sleep then diaper her so I think she goes 2 times after that. She drinks milk once at night and then sleeps at minimum after 1 hr. She won't quit that milk time as she loves it. So how to night train her? Its very difficult to wake up couple times ourselves then to carry sleeping kid to potty and get her to pee.

Also, should I start putting cotton underpants( panties ) on her already? She is about 3 and I just put pants and no panties because many times I need to put diapers. was guessing underpants also might help to hold when no diapers.

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

I think underpants helps, For outsider toilet when you go let her see that, take along with you, Let her put some toilet paper in it, tell her to flush, wash hands with soap, dry her hands, look in the mirror etc, so she may want to sit after couple of times on that outside toilets.

when i saw that night diapers were completely dry, i on and off stopped putting diaper at night, thinking he didn't drink much liqiud etc, he did lot of accidents on the bed, i have protecting cover, now at 3 /12 also he does once in a while in a month.

3. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

We used a portable potty at that age. The kids used it perhaps once or twice, then got used to using the bathroom (looking at the mess, I presume). I got the potty from Ikea, I think.

4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I have portable potty seat and thats not an issue. Even w/o potty seat, she sits ( holdingme) .
    Problem is - accidents in transit even for shorter distances? Also if its right age to start underpants ( cotton) along with pants with no diapers. If they help from accidents.