1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sweetie's Birthday Party and AyushHomam Celebration :-)) - Part 3

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by swaran, Oct 23, 2010.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

PART-2

PART-3

Step-3:DRESSES FOR DD and FAMILY MEMBERS ::

First comes DD's big day dress ---- This purchase was little easy for me as i had to buy only for her Birthday and for AyushHomam,each of the GrandMother would buy one pattu pavadai for her and she has to wear them only...But this birthday dress was my selection..Now this is one thing again have to be taken with utmost care...Tot i would buy grand party wear frock with all the wonderful work in the world,no how abt ghagra,no no how abt pant shirts..mmmmmmhum..wat to buy for my angel that would look damn cute...i had decided to purchase her dress only a week before the party...my DH had returned back as promised...both of us went but i was surprised to see that for a 1 year old kid,u dont get much varieties as u get for more than 2-3 years...wat to do...but i also read from few posts of IL that it is better that both the LO's dress as well as the mother's dress be less grand becoz it can be really irritating for the LO and wen it goes to his/her mother,the mother's dress can inturn cause more irritation to LO...so me and DH went to a lot of shops,was not convienced,DD became irritated and we had to decide on somethin and then finally decided on a cute blue and red satin frock...i first saw the lining...it was plain,of gud cotton and def wont cause irritation...ok so we bought...but i wanted to search for better...that whole one week...i visited a lot of shops and bought a crushed madterial salwar,violet color..tried on my LO..she was damn cute but but she was crying as the crushed material was sticking tight on her...she hated it and was pulling the cloth...so went back and exchanged with an anarkali salwar-red green and a black satin gown...wow...both were wonderful on her...
    along with this bought a cute angel wing and wand so that she would look very cute like an angel

For her AyushHomam, all of us went shopping and both grannies both 2 pattu pavadais(one with sleve-orange color with green border combi with kundan work and the other sleveless-violet and gold border combi also with kundan work)
    For me and DH ::,initially we both tot we would wear the same colored dress as DD for birthday alteast but knew would not be able to for AyushHomam as hers was last minute purchase and me and DH cannot decide our dresses at the last moment...so for AyushHomam i bought a 3 colored(light,lighter blue and grey color)designer saree..with embroidery and little glitter and chamki work..not too much chamki and no kundan work...for hubby a light violet blue shirt and nice pant
    for birthday i decided to wear a voilet silk saree and DH in same colored shirt
    Fortunately for both occasions,all 3 of us (DH,Me and DD) ended up wearing almost similar shades of dresses...

for my Mother and MIL,bought a semi silk saree - one in violet and one in red but later bought 2 more sarees for each of them in chennai
    for BIL - bought a party wear shirt
    For sister - beautiful designer saree
    for both fathers(my fater and FIL) - pant shirts

Step-4 :: DECORATIONS

this included the usual ones - ballons,singing cake cutting knife,snow sprays,Party crackers,flowery candles that opens like a flower and sings happy birthday etc etc

Step-5 :: PARTY GAMES

I wanted to keep games after the cake cutting both for DD's birthday and AyushHomam..bought 5 sets of gifts(5 for chennai and 5 for bangalore) for games...i was deciding till the last moment and came up with 3-4 games...my family members were telling that there would be no time but i dint listen...i just noted and kept

Step-6 :: CAKES

These really spice up the parties...

Birthday Cake : I was looking for a nice cute eggless 7 kg cake for bangalore...was expecting 50-60 people...again posted in IL asking for gud cake shops near my place....atlast went to amma's pasteries near banaswadi and ordered a cute barbie cake...i asked him not to add too much colors as i fear they mix artificial colors to the cream(tht baker confirmed tht they would add a small bit of color)...vanella spongy cake with litchi icing and rest of the decorations i left with the baker's creativity

AyushHomam cake : same 7 kg cake,even though we had invited more than 100 families,since we have homams and pujas before the cake cutting,we believed the number of people would be less at that time...i wanted to get a cake which would be the name of DD..Alphabet cakes...that too pure eggless...this cake was a big challenge to me...since i was in bangalore and i would reach chennai just 2 days before her AyushHomam,i had to make arrangements beforehand and that too the bakery has to be near the function hall...called up a number of bakeries...but the moment i said eggless immediately they backed off saying either its not at all possible or i would back off hearing their cost...OMG...reached chennai,decided to go for cake walk but still was thinkin it would be very costly...atlast gave a last shot at HotBreads adyar...they said they can do but it would be for 10kgs...10kgs would be too much for me and it would go waste....atlast he agrred for an rectangular cake with my daughter's name in embossed format...he said he would make it fine in 7 kg...agreed ,paid the advance and returned back

The cakes for ur view

to be continued....

PART-4