1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sweetie's Birthday Party and AyushHomam Celebration :-)) - Part 2

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by swaran, Oct 23, 2010.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

PART 1

PART-2

Definetely the other preparations were not that much tedious compared to the invitation part but yes they were not much lesser..

Step-2 :RETURN GIFTS

Oopsss...this was indeed a very challenging task for me...wat to buy????!!!...have to buy something which should not be in the regular list of return gifts that people usually get...but wer can i find it and what would it be?.......finally decided the following

Elders : SAPLINGS(1 per family)..i personally wanted to do something good on my DD's birthday...hence this idea of return gift..For Bangalore bought 20 indoor plants(costed approx Rs 20-25 each)....For chennai,bought 100 indoor air cleaning plants(Draceana Marginata) each costing Rs28..ordered through internet from GreenPlants.in..Along with the plant i also gave a short note of name of the plant,what best conditions it grows well,how to maintain etc

Kids Divided them into 3 groups ::
    0-3 years ::
    1 Plastic sipper(pack of 4 costing Rs99 from big bazaar)
    1 Plastic B owl SpoonFork set (each set costing Rs 33-got it from the 33 rupees bazaar)
    together costed Rs 58 for each kid...this i wrapped in form of bouquet and gave
    4-13 years ::
    1 big sticker sheet(Rs 4),
    1 Big Pencil (Rs 8 since i bought in large number) ,
    1 glitter(Rs 5...actually bought a packet of 6 and picked one for each kid),
    1 Small Crayon Box(Rs 12...it has cartoon charaters head at the end...bought pack of 2s - Rs25 from Big Bazaar)..
    1 Fabric Color set(Rs 12..contains 5-6 colurs in small bottles)
    1 changing eraser(Rs 10...contains 4-5 color rubbers in a single tube and we can change the rubbers like Pen-pencil)
    So together this has come to Rs 51 per kid...rolled these items in a paper and then wrapped them in the shape of Chochlate wrapper...On top i stuck the big pencil

14-15 years :::
    1 file folder(Rs 23 each)
    1 Cd case(Rs 33 each)
    this totally added up to Rs 56 for each ...these gifts i wrapped them up in normal way

Sorry to mention with the exact amount...but just tot it wouldbe helpful for few of parents who are planning for their LO's b'day....

I was expecting around 56 kids totally(bangalore+chennai)..i made a note of all the kids and their names and ages and then bought the gifts...made mini calculations in excel sheets and took printout and went for all purchases with that paper fearing i should leave no one(cant come in buying all these again) and also i should have much grifts in excess...actually these gifts were like for kids for whom we had to give gifts whether they come or not...mandatory...Other than these i got some tiffin boxes,normal small return gifts of less rate,maybe around 5 pieces each Rs 30-40...So actually i dint have much extra return gift back..it dint go waste...

Along with these bought whistles,partyCap and PartyeyeMasks for all the kids who are attending...bought everyhtin in wholesale shop...hence cost was little less

In addition to all these,i wanted to make Badges with DD's pic so that i would give to all the invites who are entering the function...later that changed to keychains but none of them worked..2 reasons-one was the place they make these was very far from my house and other was it turned to be very cosylt and i would require a min of 150-200 badges/keychains...tried till even 1 week before her birthday but no luck...so that plan was dropped

I even wanted the satin ribbon that we tie on the gift wrappers to be personalised...I wanted to print "HAPPY BIRTHDAY DHRITHI" on the satin ribbons...again no one was willing to take up the job except for the guy who took up the task of printing on the leaf...He said"u are giving al difficult/challenging tasks to us"...atlast i got that also ready and made small small bow of that ribbon and stuck them on the ruturn gift wrapper

the return gifts for ur view...

I really got wonderful feedback and apprecitaions for these return gifts and arrangements...

to be continued.......

PART-3