1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

sweet memories!!!!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by cutemonster, Jan 24, 2012.

1. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

hi all !
    well i have read a lot of posts about many of us sharing our problems with nasty in laws, specially mother in law:)
    but i think there is always a silver lining to a dark cloud so i would like us to share a few good things or memories of our in laws or may be some qualities u like in them :)
    sp lets try to remember the good things about mil :cheers

2. cutemonster

well let me start first ! :thumbsup
    my mil is a sweet lady and helpful also but sometimes her too much helpful nature makes me feel as if i cant do anything on my own.:hide:
    anyway she did really help me in initial days of marriage and would clean all dishes after we ate food and would even clean the house by herself.

but the best thing i remember fondly abt her was when i was leaving my home town and coming to my dh place . when i saw my family before leaving i started feeling emotional and my mom also started crying , seeing this me n bro also had tears in our eyes. :cry:
    when i saw my mil she also had tears in the eyes and told my husband she is leaving her family so u take care of her:)

2 people like this.
  3. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    I liked your thread.
    My MIL too have both the qualities. (like others). I am away from her, thatz y her bad quality didnt affected me much. Whenever, I visit her, she show her qualities. ( whenever my parents visits)

MIL do have some good qualities.

Dressing sense - She wear saree very neatly. Her Saree collections also something different. Like differnt colour, different materials (cotton)

She cooks food with minimum ingredients and minimum vessels. Quantity is also.

Her communication Esp when her relatives are surrounded. lovable and sweet

she always update herself with current news. Whether it is shares, stocks, politics etc.

4. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

Hi All

A Nice thread for a change .Praising MILs.I am sure all of us will have something nice to say about the inlaws at some point of time .MY MIL is very caring and she is very good host .Whenever a guest comes to home she always cooks their favourite and makes sure they are comfortable .This incident happened before my marriage .Initail talks were going on about me and MY DH 's family.I worked in Chennai and My MIL was in a differenrt city before the wedding so she was making a trip to Chennai to drop my SIS in law to college as she was young ( I don't have FIL so MIL is all in all and my DH was abroad at that time ) so she called me up to my PG accomadation that time and asked me if I can come and see them as my SIL wanted to see the bride before the engagement .I went there as well and My MIL had spoken to my Mom earlier ans asked for my favourite sweet and snack and she made it herself and brought it for me ansd she said I know you are in PG accoomadation and will be starving for some home cooked goodies so I made it for you .....I was really suprised by her behaviour at that time our wedding was not even fixed but she took so much care in prepaing snacks for me .its has been almost 10 years and her hospitality hasn't changed a bit till now .even when she visits us she makes sure she cooks everybody's favourite food .

5. Ishu86

Ishu86 New IL'ite

Hey,

Its really a great thread to share about MIL's. She reads a lot of books and defenitely she is intelligent. She cooks in a easy way. She is so updated about politics, Fashion, News. She is nicely dressed. When she was here in US with us she told me to enjoy maximum till she goes to India back like shopping, going to movies alone with husbands. She understands my feelings so much. She always misses me when am not there. She loves my Daughter so much she takes care of her nicely. She loves to learn lots of things.

Ishu

6. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Nice thread.Of course,my MIL has some nice qualities too.

My friend whom I have known from 3rd grade came to visit me after my elder son's birth.I prepared lunch for him.She was happy to see him and conversed nicely.In the evening,she asked us go to terrace with my baby and she made some snacks for him.My childhood friend told,"You should be lucky to have such in laws.".

I felt proud.After he left,she was praising him "To see a friend's son he has traveled this far.".

She has many qualities which I dislike.But generally,she speaks in a soft tone and never shouts .That quality is good and I am trying to follow it.

1 person likes this.
  7. cutemonster

hi g3sudha! well sari tying is another thing i admire about in my mom in law ! infact she helped me to tie sari as i did not know how to do it properly.:hide:

8. cutemonster

i must say that is very sweet !

9. cutemonster

hey ishu!

its nice to see for a change than mil misses her dil :)

10. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

ladies, is this a deja vu am experiencing?:hide: