1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sweet memories (continuation)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by maalti, Mar 11, 2011.

1. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    Another time, I received a complaint from one of our neighbours that they saw my son walking on the parapet wall of the terrace. I got terrified and appointed a maid to look after him since my MIL couldn’t run behind him.

After ten to twelve years of living jointly we moved and started living neutrally in a flat, but it was only in the next street. It was summer vacation and very hot. My son was telling me about the Air Conditioner which was installed in his friend’s house. As I couldn’t afford AC at that time, I told him that if we place a tub of water in the corner of a room, the water will absorb all the heat and the room will remain cool. The next week, when I came back from work, I was shocked. The maid servant was sitting outside with an angry face. Usually she and my son always fought with each other as she would want to watch TV serials whereas my son would want to watch cricket match. When asked what had happened, she told me to go inside the house and see for myself. I thought it was the usual fight but when I went inside, I was in for a shock. The whole house was full of water. At first I thought the washing machine was leaking. But my son and daughter came with a happy face and explained that they have poured the water inside the house to keep the room cool. They thought it would be better to pour water on the floor instead of keeping a tub of water in a corner. And I was forced to wash the whole house.:bonk

My co-sisters children used to come and play with my son. At that time, these children were little grown up. There was an old independent house next door and there was plenty of space there. All the children used to assemble there and play cricket. One day my sister’s son who was some ten years old had also come to play with them. When they were playing, a stray dog suddenly came inside the house. All the children got frightened and climbed upon the compound wall. My sister’s son also climbed but he fell down and broke his arm. All the other children fled immediately. He started crying as he had severe pain. My son and daughter alone were left with the crying boy. I was in the office as usual. My son tried to take the boy to the nearby hospital by an auto but there was no auto in the street. My son, then took his bicycle, made the boy sit in it and took him to the nearest hospital. My daughter in the meantime, took the Hundi in which they had saved their pocket money, counted the money in it, (it came roughly to three hundred and fifty rupees), locked the house and went to the hospital alongwith my son. They paid the money in the hospital, saw that the boy got first aid and then called me. I took permission from my office, called my sister, who is also a working lady and both of us rushed to the hospital. An operation was performed in his hand and a steel rod was inserted in his hand. Luckily, my sister had taken mediclaim policy and she got back the amount. All of us keep mediclaim policies since we never knew when what would happen. My sister thanked my children.

I also thanked my children and also thanked God for having given them the presence of mind to admit him in the hospital.

After everything was settled down, my daughter came to me and said with an innocent face “Amma, aunty didn’t give us back our pocket money”. I hugged my children and gave them back their pocket money.:)

[/JUSTIFY]

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. priyaiyengar

priyaiyengar New IL'ite

I laughed loudly after reading the first incident and wondered after reading the second incident. Nice post.

3. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hi maalu,

Cho Cweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet of your kids da.:clap

A very neat and 'straight-from-the-heart' narration:thumbsup

Keep rocking dear.

:cheers
    SARAS

4. Keerti16

Keerti16 Silver IL'ite

:rotflfor the first one and :bowdown amazed at the presence of mind in the second.

5. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Thank u dear Priya, Saras and Keerti

6. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Maalti...

Sooooo sweet of your kids. May God bless them!

7. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

8. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Very sweet kids you have got. Please continue sharing such sweet memories :)

9. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

blessed with good children. After reading the line the
    house was full of water i could not control my laugh.naughty children. Their presence of mind to be
    appreciated. Good writing. pls continue. very interesting

10. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Hi Ice and Sreemanavneeth, thank u