1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Surrender To Divine

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

SURRENDER TO THE DIVINE
    Lord Krishna always holds a flute in his hand, but there is a great story behind it. Everyday Krishna would go in the garden and say to all the plants, “I love you”. The plants were very happy and responded back and said “Krishna, we also love you”.
    One day Krishna rushed quickly into the garden very alarmed. He went to the bamboo plant and the bamboo plant asked, “Krishna, what´s wrong with you?” Krishna said “I have something to ask you, but it is very difficult”. The bamboo said “Tell me: if I can, I will give it to you”.
    So Krishna said “I need your life. I need to cut you”. The bamboo thought for a while and then said “You don´t have any other choice. You don’t have any other way?” Krishna said, “No, no other way”. And it said “OK” and gave himself up.
    So Krishna cut the bamboo, made holes in it, and each time, while he was doing that, the bamboo was crying with pain, because he was paining the bamboo so much. Krishna made a beautiful flute out of it. And this flute was with Krishna all the time. 24 hours a day, it was with Krishna. Even the Gopis were jealous of the flute. They said to bamboo, “Look, Krishna is our Lord, but yet we get to spend only some time with him. He wakes up with you, He sleeps with you, and all the time you are with him. Tell us the secret of it. What secret do you have, that the Lord treasures you so much?”
    And the bamboo said “The secret is that, I gave myself up, and He did whatever was right for me, in the process I had to go under lot of pain and now look He made me empty from inside. And the Lord does whatever he wants with me, whenever he wants with me and however he wants with me. I have just become His instrument”.
    So this is complete surrender: where God can do whatever He wants with you, whenever He wants, as He wants. And for that you don’t need to be scared of, you know, you have just to give yourself. Trust Him completely and have faith in Him and always think you are in His hands what can go wrong. And who is you in reality? It’s just Him.

-By Anonymous

2. Thyagarajan

ON THIS AUSPICIOUS DAY IN NORTH AND SOUTH AND BEYOND SHORES OF INDIA BY HINDUS A SHORT WHILE FROM NOW WOULD WELCOME AND ADORE THE INFANT LORD AND YES YOU CAN HEAR THE LULLABIES. GOD BLESS US ALL INCLUDING IL'TES.:dev14: to lord of Universe
    Thyagarajan IST 1658Hrs.

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mr Thyagarajan

The Omnipresent is within us also in our Anthrathma and only the Blessed ones realise This.

One person thinks a statue carved out of a stone as God, and another nonbeliever considers it is just a stone. The perception depends on the mentality of the person.

In Bhakthi Margam I believe surrendering to the Lord is the easiest one to follow.
    Happy Janmashtami!
    PS

Thyagarajan and shyamala1234 like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri Thyagarajan:

Welcome to IL and welcome to the world of snippets. I enjoyed reading your first snippet on Krishna Janmashtami. Ashtami and Navami are considered inauspicious time but who could stop the Lord from appearing as Avatar on those days?

He was the first child to prove that a mother could experience a great joy with an adopted child followed by Karna. These stories are repeated million times to children who are biological and adopted.

Your snippet reminded me of an answer given by the sculptor when he was questioned how he could make a nice looking Krishna out of a rock. He simply answered, "I took everything off that was not part of the Lord Krishna". When many see a rock, a few of us see the Lord in a rock. :)

Viswa

sindmani and Mistt like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Very true if we surrender ourselves He will take care of us. He knows what to give us and when . So better to accept what we have and be happy. There is so much happiness in simple pleasures of lufe

Thyagarajan, joylokhi and Mistt like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Hi #Shripriya # amma15 # Iyerviji
    Thanks for liking my anecdote. God continue to shower blessings.

7. Thyagarajan

:blush::icon_writing:Dear Madam/Sir,
    I enjoyed your response on my posting. Instead of just clicking "like" button you have expressed your instant emotion with alacrity and apt sculptor's response. I had gone through some of your jottings and comments on others' posts. It always stands out illuminating educating and enlightening. Great benefits and peace of mind upon re-reading your passages. Sincere thanks from bottom of my heart.
    Regards.

8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shri Thyagarajan,
    On the auspicious Janmashtami day,the more auspicious take on the Flute-the main concept of'Sharanagathi' of Vaishnavism.An interesting write up.

My memories go back to my intensive reading about musicology and musical instruments.We read a lot about wind instruments, especially about the Naadhaswaram and the flute.
    The flute is not only associated with Lord Krishna of Hinduism but many Greek Gods.Shri Thyagarajan has spoken about total sacrifice, the bamboo makes to be in the hands of Krishna.
    Very often all bamboos cannot be used for flute making.Tough barks are ignored.Only
    certain categories of bamboo, which have a soft bark,specially cultivated for the purpose, only are chosen to make flute.Is it not the same as saying only those whose minds are focussed on God are able to attain His holy Feet?The mind surrounded by tough wall of pride are not eligible for
    spiritual contemplation.Specially seasoned minds alone can appreciate the nearness of the Almighty.
    The holes in the flute are stated to represent various chakras and the melody arising therefrom is akin to awakening of kundalini.

Just as only one end of the flute is left open, so too must all thoughts be shut out, except thoughts about the Supreme One. Just as the flute is dipped in a solution so that it gets seasoned, so too must the mind be placed at His feet, so that it becomes ready to receive Him.
    Nigamaanatha Vedantha Desikan in his famous work'Yadava Abyudayam' explains when Gopies throng Krishna on hearing melodious flute Lord Krishna played,Krishna's flute spoke to them.For gopies, the flute was not a mere instrument giving songs, but it was Lord Krishna in the guise of flute.
    A small flute is the embodiment Universal consciousness.

Jayasala 42

9. Thyagarajan

Dear Jayasala Sir,
    :boxing:I am delighted with your response and more so of useful information not only to me but other followers of this thread. You have spiritually analysed the entire divine architecture that is encompassed in such a tiny musical instrument and the wind flowing through in and out akin to respiration of species. This is why He is also known as OMNIPRESENT. I think I'm answering another senior member Sri or Smti
    Pushpavalli Srinivasav. I am a novice in bhkthi literature and hence your above comments are more enlightening one. I never imagined that the anecdote or snippet as you call it would weigh so much & generate so much thought in readers. While many due to paucity of time are just reading and liking but only very few like you with enormous background knowledge studied it in depth.
    I thank you from bottom of my heart.
    Looking forward to more enlightening reading from your stable.
    Regards.:wave:
    THYAGARAJAN

joylokhi likes this.
  10. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for the post. Very touching story! My favorite line is
    HE MADE ME EMPTY FROM INSIDE. It has a deep spiritual significance.

GeetaKashyap and Thyagarajan like this.