1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Surprise........!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by vidyacvn, Jan 25, 2013.

1. vidyacvn

vidyacvn Silver IL'ite

Priyanka stuffed one more kurthi into her suitcase. "Just in case I need a blue one," she thought. She sat on her suitcase and forced it shut. "Phew," she said and just then remembered that she had not put in her swimsuit. She worked her way to her swimsuit through the entangled mess of her clothes and suddenly there was a 'thud' and an old, small photo album fell on her head. "Ohh.," she thought and as she rubbed her head, started looking into the photos, quite forgetting her swimsuit. "So cute..." "Awww." were the face book comments that flashed in her mind as she looked at the photos. They were her childhood photos with her bosom friend, Sarika. After glorious years together, their jobs had separated them, with Priyanka in Mumbai and Sarika in Hyderabad. Was the physical distance actually separating them emotionally too? Priyanka recalled her conversations with Sarika over the past one year. priyanka travelled to their hometown every 6 months and her train always passed through Hyderabad. It was Sarika's dream to have Priyanka spend some time with her in Hyderabad on her way to their home town since they were never together for long. it was not that she did not want to do so, but circumstances always stopped her. "Oh but she NEVER understands....."thought Priyanka. Then, came the brainwave. "Why not surprise her?" she thought. The idea soon became a decision. She planned to get down at Hyderabad on her way and spend some time with her bosom friend. Even when she boarded the train, she could barely contain her excitement. After a number of small cups of hot tea, samosas and sandwiches, came Hyderabad. She disembarked from the train luggage and all. She decided to get Sarika a great gift and then call her. As she watched the shopkeeper wrap the gift, she wondered WHAT Sarika would say.
    she walked out of the shop and called up Sarika and screamed "Hey Sarika.....know what?You will never guess." Sarika, equally excited, said,"Hey, tell me ......quick" So, Priyanka proudly declared :I AM IN HYDERABAD. I AM COMING HOME TO BE WITH YOU" There was absolute silence from the other end. Then, Sarika slowly said."And you know what? I am on the train that you were in. When you told me about your travel to our hometown, I thought I would surprise you be booking my tickets on the same train. I was just planning to call you and ask for your seat number...she said.

4 people like this.

2. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

achooo.. surprise truned to shock . so sad both friends could not spend time..

1 person likes this.
  3. vidhya3b

vidhya3b IL Hall of Fame

Haaa.!!!!!!! So sad!!! :-(

1 person likes this.
  4. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

Nice coincidence and telepathy between the two friends.

1 person likes this.
  5. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Soo pity both friends wanted surprise ended in shock.....
    Well narrated....

Shanti

1 person likes this.
  6. sachinsharma

sachinsharma Bronze IL'ite

Its a nice story..I really liked it..

1 person likes this.
  7. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

LOL! What a bulb moment for both girls ;-) Well, all's not loss yet, no? Priyanka can still board the next train and meet Sarika at her hometown :-D

1 person likes this.
  8. princysharma90

princysharma90 Senior IL'ite

Ohhh...so sweet... Both of them thought of giving surprise to each other and they really go surprised... :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.