Surprise your Dad this Father's Day!

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banupriya88

banupriya88 New IL'ite

My father is like raghuvaaran character in yaaradi nee mohini .....

3 people like this.
  2. previ

previ Senior IL'ite

I don't think I can compare my dad to any character. He is so unique in his own special way. While most of my friends had a strict father and a lenient mother, I was probably the only kid in my class with the exact reverse set of parents. Very strict mother and lenient father. He was the person to sign our report cards. He would be the one to pat our head and say do well next time while mom was the kind to ask why did you lose 0.5 marks and not get full in math? Dad was the person to go to for fun! Late night movies, walk at Marine drive (in Mumbai) at 12 am and watch the waves done that and a lot more with my parents thanks to my dad! Most friends would want to get away from their parents to have fun but being with my dad was my idea of fun. One final thing I'd like to talk about is his passion for travel. I have visited so many places in India thanks to his passion. Every vacation he'd take us to some place in India even if we travelled in the most economical way possible. He was a workaholic and taught us dedication to work but he never worked long hours. He believed in giving his 100% at work and spend his evenings with family. Love you papa! Happy Father's day!! <3

2 people like this.
  3. mamsharma

mamsharma Bronze IL'ite

hi,

I tried to recollect all movies i had ever seen to co-relate with my father but could not find any character like him. He is my inspiration. He took the family resposiblities at a young age after demise of this father. He belonged to a lower middle class from a backward village. He joined Army to take care of this family. We are just 2 sisters and no brother and people used to remind him always that he has no SON. He always insisted on our education. He made us self- dependent. He is a self-made man and wanted his daughters to always stand tall in all situations. And we both sisters are more successful than SONs of those people who felt SON is important. He inherited debts but after 45 yrs of his fathers demise he is in a postion to lend money to others that too after constructing a BIG house in village with well (its a big thing in my village to own a well), have own house in Delhi, marriage of both daughters, funded the (starting till engineering) education of my cousion and leading a respectful life.

He belongs to area where girls education is not required and they should be married to anybody asap. but my father ensured we are educated (professionally qualified) and earning before marriage so that we are not dependent on anyone for our survival.

Not only for his kids, he took care for education of his brother's kids also because the education system at village was not upto mark. He believes that education is first thing for growth and is right of every child. I slaute him for his thougths. He is a firm man with a caring heart. he is tough from outside but very caring from inside.

I love my dad and i thank god that i am his daughter.

2 people like this.
  4. lokeshwarisaki

lokeshwarisaki New IL'ite

Hi,

I would like to share like share my experiences with my beloved father. When I was trying to correlate my father with movies where actors acted like fathers, immediately "Dil Wale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge" came to my mind. In that movie Amrish Puri acted as father for Kajol. He reminds me my father.

In that movie he loves his daughter very much. In the same way my father also likes me so much.

1 person likes this.
  5. LakshmiN

LakshmiN New IL'ite

Hi Ladies..

I can't compare my father to any character in the films I have seen or heard. He is such a great person. During my childhood we were a lower middle class family. My father used to work very hard to make us feel comfortable with what we have. He used to plan and save money to take us to some trip outside our place yearly once. It was because of him I developed passion to visit new places and learn the culture at that place. He made us learn to adjust to any sort of lifestyle without any complaints or compromises. He always worked hard to provide us with quality education. It was only after my brother and me settled that he had chosen to take rest owing to the illness that he had (Paralysed on left side of the body).

He is a very honest person at work. Though he had chances to misuse his power, he never gave up to any sort of influence and did his work very strictly and completed every task given to him in the perfect time. I feel proud to say that I acquired this quality from my dad but not always :p I sometimes skip my work or schedule :) He would scold me but it only helped me to grow up.

There are many things that I can remember and feel proud of myself for being his daughter :) I can only pray a happy life for him. He is my guide and mentor. He a very good book to read and learn many things. His life was always an open book inspiring and helping people around him. Many of our relatives respect my dad whom I have heard speaking ill of others. I feel very happy at that time.

I feel very glad that IndusLadies have got such a good contest. Making me feel nostalgic about my childhood and the fun we had.

6. seekingbless

seekingbless Platinum IL'ite

My mother is a single parent so i don't wish to talk about my own dad, but its about my father in law.

The movie that reminds me of my FIL is Thavamai Thavamirundhu. My Fil has two sons and both my mil and fil had very average middle class life style to bring up their kids.
    My mil was a homemaker and fil has barber shop. so with his sole income they brought up and educated their kids well. My fil used to bring my dh and bil in bicycle too.
    When i and dh watched the movie for the first time, i felt so much that rajkiran's character was so similar with fil and dh had tears in his eyes.
    Fil doesn't talk much and he is man of few words. He too works late hours in his shop to make ends met just like the father character in the film. My dh and bil respect their father a lot and wont utter a single word in his presence, my dh being the elder son wont even yawn!

3 people like this.
  7. jayashreevasan

jayashreevasan New IL'ite

Hi friends,

The occasions like Father's day and Mother's day are not just for that day to remember our parents, however, keep them in good status of mind always is most important.

The father character in Cheran's tamil movie "Thavamai Thavamirundhu" acted by Raj Kiran is typical of my Father G Vaidhyanathan Iyer. He is 80 yrs completing this September. HOwever, till he uses Bi-Cycle. This reminds me the days in 1975-1980, when he was working in Chennai ICF, staying at Korattur. my parents, brothers, sister stayed together. I was in my grandma's house in Triplicane, cos i was in a school nearby. My Father used to come by Bi-cycle all the way from ICF after office and see me once in every week. As i was fond of Bananas, somehow he keeps buying and bring for me. After meeting me,, by late 9.00 pm he would leave for Korattur. Whenever he takes me by bi-cycle to Korattur, i use to sleep sitting at the back. so to wake me up, he used to ask me to count the street lights and road lights from triplicane to Korattur.... The sacrifices, the he did for his sons life well being and the strains that he took for both of his daughters during our pregnancy and grandchild baby care during the first years of birth are beyond value.

4 people like this.
  8. Radan

Radan Senior IL'ite

Hi dear friends and @IL_Admin
    This is really a great idea
    I love this contest
    All the contests of IL are exciting,also different from anyother contests
    The way @IL_Admin presents the contest,is very exciting
    All the entries of Ilites are lovely

I love watching Malayalam movies and could not wait to see one,till it get releases
    I have watched a lot of movie
    But I have never seen a charecter like my father
    He is Matchless and incomparable
    My father is my best friend
    For me,every second is Father's Day
    He is as soft as a wax
    He is my icon
    We both are great company
    He always encouraged me

He is a jewel
    No.......
    Even a jewel cannot compare him
    Whenever I win in a contest,I rush home and give him the gift and tell him about all newes
    Mere words cannot describe him
    I fell very happy that I have a lot of good merits because I have a father like him
    He is very busy
    But he always find some time to spend with me
    He always granted all of my wishes and playes with me
    I still remember,every night,when I was small we both use to play at midnight after my mom sleeps
    Of Course,she does not know this,even now
    If she had known,she wouldn't allow me to play with him till midnight!!
    I used to act that I am sleeping,till she sleeps
    After we conform,that she is asleep,we will have a fantatic time ;-) ;-)
    He loves me very deep,as deep as the deepest ociean
    I love him as a soul with the being
    I can't express how we both loved each other
    He supported me always
    In him,I saw the god
    He is very calm
    Sorry for the long comment
    All the time,I comment a short word or sentence,but today I thought of my father
    That lead me for writing a huge comment
    I am stoping now,or else I would end up writing a book :) ;-)**

Happy father's day to you all!!! ;-) **

9. cherrybud

cherrybud Silver IL'ite

I think not for the contest but as a note of love and gratitude towards my father I should write this. Because I never got a chance to say thank you to him for being my father may be one of the best things happen to me.

I am his daughter who happened to born as normal healthy baby. My mother used to say that he loved me more than his life which I don't remember. But I was paralyzed almost up to 90% due to Polio at the age of 4 and a half. Since then I know how much he loves me. He taught me walk, he taught me sit. He forgot to sleep to walk me around. I used to cry because of pain. But at that time he used to be very strict. I used to feel angry. But now I can understand how much pain he might have suffered then. Every second of my father's life goes thinking about us kids and grand kids. He is very strict but has such a soft and tender heart full of love for us. If I type I can type throughout my life about the instances where I felt his love for me which I am not going to do.

But I would like to type down one incident which is still a fresh wound in my heart though years passed [Of course time doesn't heal everything :-(]. After finishing my B.Sc Physics, my parents wanted me to go for M.Sc [Though I did not want to. I wanted to do English Lit.]. For that we tried in the same college I did my UG. Since my marks were not excellent I had no hope I would get admission. So I insisted my parents that I would go for M.A English. My father was least interested in my choice so as a last trial he wanted to talk to our Physics head. We went one day and my father requested her so much. But she was firm in her decision (which I can understand) and at one point she told him that it would be very hard for me to stand for the long practical hours as there would be no chairs in the lab. So my father told her that I would buy a chair for my daughter and she could use it to sit for few minutes when her legs hurt.

I think this made her irritated. So she told him with a great aversion in her tone, "If you don't want to keep your handicapped daughter, dump her somewhere else and please don't try to dump her on our head." Till then, I have never seen my father cry in front of a third person. But in that cursed moment he cried in front of my professor saying I am not a burden to him. Both my parents were teachers and they were crying like kids who were wounded badly.

I still remember his cry and it makes the scar deep and fresh every time. I feel hurt not because she uttered those words about me but because she made my father cry.
    This one instant is enough for me to love him more and more every second.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH APPA and I AM PROUD OF BEING YOUR DAUGHTER!!

Love,
    S.

3 people like this.
  10. delseyrani

delseyrani New IL'ite

Nobody can replace my dad place. My role model is my dad. My dad give to me a lot. But still i didn't give anything to him. But he doesn't expected to me. I love my dad most of my god. I saw '' abium nanum'' tamil movie. That flim prakash raj character is same as my dad. If god give me any birth i want to born as his mother and give more love to him. I wont miss my dad. Simply say, me means my dad. My dad means me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.