Surprise your Dad this Father's Day!

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Want to surprise your Dad this Father's Day by sending him this wonderful mug, to tell him how important and lovable he is for you?? Then join us in this contest!
    awesome-dad360x360.jpg

It is the time to honor and celebrate those great Dads out there, who have been a teacher, guide and above all a Best Friend to their kids. We would like to make this Father's Day extra special for one such awesome Dad.

So go ahead and tell us...

• If there is a Father character in the Movies that reminds you of your Father?
    • Do you think based on your Father's personality, he could have easily portrayed that particular Father character you saw in that movie?

Do let us know what were the similarities between your Father and that movie character that made you think so.

Make it funny, make it senti ... WIN a gift for your Father!

On Father's Day (21st June), we will pick one lucky winner and send the winner's Father this simple yet beautiful gift.

Note: We will be reaching out to the "Winner" to send in their Father's address in India to get this gift shipped.

4 people like this.

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Cool thought .
    So let me begin.. Mine isnt the type like "Abhi-yum naan-um" Dad. He's very strict and ensures we are well mannered. When I was in school , I'd feel annoyed that he never came for school meetings or dropped me in the morning, but I guess now that I'm a working mom , I totally understand his work pressure.

He's definitely like Danush's dad in his movies. Being strict but in the end when I scored well in school, he was the first to gift me and encourage me.

In many other subtle situations in life he has openly encouraged me and assured I'm taking the right decision and has appreciated for my logical moves.

I did disappoint him by not doing Post-graduation studies, he might have forgot this by now, but its one thing I feel I could have done . Well its not too late, may be its there in my destiny somewhere.

Happy Father's day to all awesome dads out there !

6 people like this.
  3. Deivasan

Deivasan New IL'ite

I remember Abhiyum Nanum movie.
    The most lovable dad and so friendly. No words to explain how awesome my dad is. Missing him a lot after my marriage. He is Kind hearted, friendly, fun making. He allows me to decide on my own. Makes me to take own decision regarding higher studies, dresses, tours and so and so.
    He never scold me and bought me very well in life. That made me to take my own decision in all the ways.
    Thank you so much Appa. Happy Father's Day.

1 person likes this.
  4. sreeb3007

sreeb3007 Silver IL'ite

I can't portray my Dad with any kind of character in movies as he is totally different and can't be compared with anyone else :) He is as precious as a Gem and as pure as The Ganges. He is truly a motivator to me and my bro. He always showed us a path to build our career but never forced to fulfill his wishes or dreams. He can answer any doubt we ask , say if its on history, geography, physics, chemistry, what not! I always wonder from where did he gained such a vast knowledge on each and everything?? His parents could not afford him for higher education but he gained a vast knowledge just by walking so far to library, reading books, studying till late nights and he often ignored parties, hanging out with friends etc during his 20s and that is really a rare option any guy can choose in his life. Even I am not born with a silver spoon but I am proud to say that I never asked my Dad to buy this and that as I am overwhelmed by their affection and care and I understand their problems. His sacrifices for us make me feel human! I often remember how many times my friends used to ignore me for not being dressed so well in parties or for not having good assets like them but I then run into my Papa's hands and I forget everything :) His hands are like a fence surrounding me to protect from this stupid world. He gave me wings to fly and I have seen such a colorful world just because of him.

For me, everyday is a Father's Day!!! And every moment is a Mother's Day!!!

These are few lines I dedicate to him on Father's Day:

My Father is a rising sun
    Both together we always have fun
    My Father is a smiling star
    Both together we walk so far

My Father always hold my hand
    Not letting me fall down
    My Father always teaches me good
    Not letting me to taste the bad

He is my guide
    He is my mentor
    He is my care-taker

He is so clever
    His heart is like a flower
    His blessings come to me as a shower
    He always thinks of me forever

I am still my Daddy's little girl
    Though I stay far away from him in this globe

Father is the only person in this world
    Who proudly shouts out our name if we win
    And who pats on our shoulder and encourages more if we loose

Never disrespect your Father
    As he is the only hero in your life
    Who sacrificed all his happiness for you to be happy forever!

Hats-off to all the Fathers in this world, Happy Father's Day in advance!

Cheers,
    Sree

7 people like this.
  5. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Prakash Raj in nuvve nuvve for his caring attitude. He is so caring and always thinks ahead of us what we might need and provides us everything even before we asked for. Even after our marriages he cant stay without talking to us even for a day. He was a friend, philosopher and guide and my role model.
    He wanted to study engineering but could not due to family financial constraints. so he worked hard so that we should never face with such problems. He ensured that we study as much as we want. In our family we have 3 engineers and 1 MCA because of my fathers fore thought. He did not differentiate between male and female kids but rather ensured that we girls are independant and capable of working. My parents have formed our character traits. They always guided us in understanding what is good and what is bad but never imposed anything on us. I am what am today because of constant encouragement and guidance from my Parents.

3 people like this.
  6. revekishan

revekishan New IL'ite

Hi.

This is Shrravani Sri. I never compare my DAD with any one or anything like cine heros etc. He is an INCOMPARABLE MAN. He is my dearest Mother, Knowledgeable father, friendliest brother, helpful sister, willful wellwisher, greatest guide, patient philosopher.

When come to contest, I can compare him with the movie ABHIYUM NAANUM. My father is more than ABHI'S FATHER.

I LOVE YOU DAD.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2015
    2 people like this.
  7. Khuranaseema

Khuranaseema New IL'ite

Hi friends, I can correlate my Father with Will Smith in Movie pursuit of happiness.

You guys must see that movie moral of the same is as below
    Life is a struggle for single father Chris Gardner (Will Smith). He is struggling to build a future for himself and his 5-year-old to create a better life for himself and his son.
    At-last he succeeds and the bonding and struggle of father son is really amazing.

Same is bonding between me and my father even now. I can share anything which I would not like to share with Mom even sometimes. he is the best DAD.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ashkall

Ashkall New IL'ite

I vividly remember our dearest dad (we are a family of 4 sisters and 2 brothers with mom now, after dad expired long back) who used to be a loving disciplinarian along the lines of the dad in the memorable movie " The sound of music". I'm not sure if the movie influenced him or not, but due to his military background (among a variety of other professions :) ) he used to always line us up in our night gowns every night before bed-time to give us a hearing to each of us, based on our behavior during the day (and we would strive to be at our best, so as to get a good remark from him during this nightly ritual) before giving us all a goodnight kiss!
    This and many other incidents in his life, which he would love to relate about how he would courageously break into any random street fights and make the opponents apologize to each other and make up, after suspecting him to be a CID in plain clothes and still being a loving and caring dad, whom we could approach and consult like a close friend...made him an icon whom I hero-worship till date and continue to miss and consult, during the troubled times in my life. Wishing all the awesome dads out there, a very Happy Fathers Day!

1 person likes this.
  9. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

I can relate my father to Ananya’s Father in 2 States (Hindi Movie) , role was played by Shiv Kumar Subramanium. As in the movie, they showed the character to be very conservative and doubtful for all things , My father is same like that.

A scene in the movie shows that Father was not happy about her daughter’s BoyFriend coming to his house, he tried to cross all the boy’s queries and to show him his disapproval but then one glance of her daughter and his tone changes. gigglingsmiley

My father is ditto.. Whenever someone asks him how is your business going on ? He always reply in a low tone “ Its working not so fine but we are passing time with it “ and then Me or my Mom will give a stare and he will suddenly change the dialogues.. Oh yes Business, Its working fine by God’s Grace. Cant you see we have made Shahi Panner for you with so much butter . (Shahi Paneer is a Punjabi dish of Cheese with rich tomato and onion gravy and a lot of butter or Ghee). So in both Cases , we are Like Come on Dad , Not again :-D

Another similarity with the character is not differentiating between Son and Daughter. We are two sisters ( aged 28 and 25 ) with one younger brother (aged 10). Untill my brother was born or even after that, My father has never make us feel that we are daughters and we should not do certain things which usually society will say not meant for girls. He has worked hard to let us study as per our wishes, Never forced us to do anything. He has always encouraged me and my elder sister to build our careers but only if we want. The most important thing that a father can do for his children is to love and respect their mother. I have read this phrase somewhere and this perfectly defines my father. :Bow:

Regarding Conservative behavior, It is again Subramanium Sir from 2 states who have played my father’s role

I and my fiancee were in relationship for about 5 years when we got engaged. My father was the most difficult person to handle at that time. (After my MIL though ) . he used to ask my fiancee the same question everytime they both meet “Why do you want to marry my daughter? We are simple middle class people, Don’t ruin our name in society.” (Same as Ananya’s father ask Krish in the movie). :roll:

When my father agreed for the my marriage with my choice, he came to me and said ( We never had any coversation regarding my marriage directly before, my Mom was the catalyst) “ I am still not sure he will keep you happy like you are now or not But I will also be not sure with my choice of person.. Either way I have to take risk, If anything happen in a wrong way in future , Please forgive your Dad.” I was in tears that day to see how unconditional a father’s love is. I felt like a real Princess of my Father.

One more thing, If any of you have watched CID on Sony Channel, there is ACP Parduman in that drama, My father looks ditto copy of him , When my brother was about 2-3 years old, he used to run in the house saying “ACP Parduman ko gussa kyu ata hai “ (Why ACP Parduman is always in anger?) laugh1smiley

Thank you so much for this contest. Gift or Not But I am feeling at cloud nine by putting my emotions for my Dad in this (not so)short snippet . Love you Papa. Happy Father’s Day..

7 people like this.
  10. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

HI, nice contest.

For Amma we can tell a lot and we are telling a lot. But father - we are not speaking much about him. May be because he is not that much social and not a person with whom we can easily move with.

My appa worked as a deputy collector and a strict, straight forward person. We cannot talk much to him and every thing will be communicated through amma only.

We should not talk aloud, should be punctual, orderly manners and he makes a point that we eat all veggies and nothing is left out in our eating plate. He is very strict in giving us pocket money and for all the money we spent we have to give him correct account.

I can relate him to the father character in SANTHOSH SUBRAMANIAN. Though he has lots of love within, outside he will be strict and rigid. Thats my father's character. Now only we are realizing his inner love and affection.

I saw him crying when he bid farewell to me after my wedding. He cried a lot and that time only i realized his care and love for me.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY APPA.

Andal

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.