1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Surprise gifts between husband & wife

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SallyR, Nov 3, 2010.

1. ilovelife

ilovelife Bronze IL'ite

dear All,

I read the complete thread today to get a better understanding on the thought of gifting eachother in my married life,..

I have bought few gifts for my DH in our 1year( will complete next month) marrige and the response was OK, he said, he liked the vallet i gave but he uses vallets for years and he recently had bought on, next time he says the housewear pants i got was useful but it looks like a ladies pant..is it really mens pant :D

ok the third time i asked him what he wanted for his bday, is he interested in something special and told him not to think about money as i wanted buy him a best one..so he told what he had in mind( Camera ) and he was all excited to use it and its a second partner for him now..he might forget me but not his camera( thank God he doesnt carry it to office :D hehehe)..

Now as i said next month is our anniversary and i have planned a complete surprise for him this time but dont know how he takes it.. he is very less spoken , reserved and can say less romantic, kinda practicall..

My gift plan is , he comes home by 1PM in the night, so i have planned for a small tressure hunt. on the door he will have a stick pad to check in the wardrobe in hall to find two novels( he loves reading- not sure he like the novels i bought) then he will find a stick there to go to kitchen to find two plants ( he likes gardening) and there he will get the final note to come to our room to find a big photo frame prepared out of the his best photography and a greeting card saying how much i love him..

after planning all this i have decided not to keep any expctions about his reactions as he might comment - he doesnt read such and such authors novels, he doesnt like indoor plants or why did i plan for such silly thing :D

what do you guys think ?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

ilovelife,

You need to think about whether he likes these kind of 'treasure hunts'? Is he that type? If so, its a good idea.

If he is not that type (and some people are not that type), then make it simple and give him the gifts (without the hunt) in a nice gift wrap.

Decide based on his personality.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  3. SallyR

SallyR Silver IL'ite

It's nice to read about gifting between you and your dh. Your husband sound like my younger daughter when she buys me anything (eg for my birthday), she can't keep it to herself. She'll be keep dropping me hints and end up telling me what exactly she got for me! :)

You're right in that husband and wife should know if the other appreciates surprise gifts. My problem is that he doesn't mind surprise gift if I manage to get him something that he likes. I'm not particularly good at getting him exactly what he wants. He likes perfume but likes to keep changing them and very choosy about it too so not sure what exactly would appeal to him. Things like shirts, shoes, ties but he has plenty of those and one more wouldn't make any difference and what I buy might not be of his taste. I have bought books of the author he usually reads but the books I bought turned out to be written by somebody else under the cover of his favourite author. I'm currently thinking about getting a year subscription for a good car & bike magazine for him. I think it would be safe bet...he is a complete petrol head :rotfl

I agree with you completely :bowdown We need to get our priorities right!

Regards,

4. SallyR

SallyR Silver IL'ite

Sounds like a very good idea :thumbsup As he is into all the things you have got for him, I'm sure he'll like it. Let us know how it went, will be looking forward to read all about it :)

Regards,

5. Sarasan

Sarasan Bronze IL'ite

I love to give surprise to my DH
    im not giving flowers or shirts now a days
    but i make some spl dishes for him, which he mentioned as his favorite
    will get a foot wear for him,Belt etc... which he not expected at all......
    :)