1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Surprise gifts always welcome

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Dec 29, 2008.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Every gift though it be small is in reality great if given with affection.

Some gifts can never be forgotten and if it is given as a surprise.

In our childhood days we used to get new dresses only for Diwali. I still remember the Yellow Satin Pavadai with pink Davani( in our days girls used to wear different colour petticoats with Odni) which I received from my parents for Diwali when I was fifteen years old. Though every year I used to receive clothes for Diwali this particular Pavadai and Davani is always in my thoughts.

My best friend and myself always used to exchange gifts not bought from shops but we used to prepare ourselves greetings cards and books having thoughts or whatever we like to write in that.

When we give gifts to others should give gift which will be useful for them. Usually I give Ganpathi to my close friends as it will bring luck to them. Whoever I have given Ganpathi have told me that Ganpathi is adoring their place and lucky for them.

My elder daughter always brings valuable gifts from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Dubai</st1:place></st1:City> and more chocolates as I love chocolates very much. My son and younger daughter also when they go abroad bring lovely gifts.

When I completed 50 years they had celebrated Independence day in the bus all wearing green dress or saree and also celebrated my birthday. In the evening to my surprise they brought cake in the bus and I cut the cake in the bus only. In the office also they celebrated my 50<SUP>th</SUP> birthday with cake and several gifts.

Whenever my friends visit a holy place they get either photo or idol of God. In my temple it is adored by the Gods given by my friends or close relatives only.

I think I will stop here as the list will go on and on.

2. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

dear viji..

Wow interesting topic which i love always... even i surprise my friends with gifts , i too love that...

enjoyed so many surprise gifts from my siblings and now from DH...

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

daer viji,
    i too just love surprises...like to receive and give too...yesterday my bro called up and talked of the surprise birthday party they had for my father by inviting nearly 50 people...my father was too excited telling all the news...so at any age we all just LOVE surprises,i guess...
    love
    Mindi

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vahee

Goodto know that u also give surprises and get surprises. When it comes as a surprise seeing the person receiving feel happy we also feel happy.

love
    viji

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi

So nice of your brother to havea surprise party for your Dad. Your Dad must have been very happy.

love
    viji