Super Super Stressed..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Ooops... first I thought penne was a reference to a pasta. :facepalm: damn!
    We must appreciate what a savvy writer of posts our member anika987 is ! If she comes out and sneezes as the first post of a new thread, within about half an hour, there'd be couple of pages of responses. Amazing talent !!
    Although many might have analyzed those posts thoroughly to find out exactly what magical foo-foo dust is present in those posts that can spur everyone to come out and respond, AFAIC tell, there'd been no success. There has to be a way to monetize such a talent for drawing out responses to a query.
    A perfectly custom designed job for someone who badly needs a job.

Thyagarajan, Rihana and MalStrom like this.
  2. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

You had created a similar thread recently right...looks like you didnt benefit from the useful replies and you are unable to conquer your deep rooted insecurities...
    Your first priority is your precious kid whom you had after such a difficult TTC process...
    Your husband doesn't have the flexibility to support you right now...dont get angry at him or have expectations from him...
    Both of you had mutually decided that you would support him as a home maker while he earns for all of u...you are responsible for your child's and spouse s health..do not add to his stress knowing his high tension levels and lab results...
    If you want to work due to comments by others you need to build your self esteem...
    If you're really serious about working you need to spend money on a reliable nanny or daycare...and be prepared adequately for emergencies like sickness..be ready to shell out money and struggle for a couple of years and be paid peanuts till your kid is older...else be happy with what you have and wait for a few years and then re apply for jobs...
    A couple of relatives of mine settled in the US have taken very long career breaks to look after their kids...they never faced issue in getting job again...some did further studies in their 30s and 40s too...I do not think you should be too worried...you dont want to work for money but for making use of your time productively ...my aunts who were in Law, IT, teaching profession,.they managed with long career breaks and worked after their kids grew up...of course they used to do certifications during their career break which you are anyway doing...

3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

You wouldn't want your husband to face problems in his job right...you need to chill and give him a break...as you very well know about the work pressure and job insecurity in IT...the employers are not paying him good money just like that..they would extract enormous amount of work from him..if he continues doing well in his job and maintains good health you all can lead a peaceful and comfortable lifestyle and give your kid a good education...your hubby needs to be relaxed and confident about family life to be able to concentrate on work and be healthy...I'm not scaring you but do you know how many men suffer from heart related ailments and high BP levels in their 40s due to high stress levels..he is your life partner, try to find a reasonable solution that works for all of you without causing conflicts in your married life...

Thyagarajan and anika987 like this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

He was quite healthy but offlate developed some mild health issues and does not care about weight.I am not bothered about weight in asthetic sense
    But he gets very tired and looks bloated and unhealthy and now things are in control.. wish he could take care of himself

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Ageism is very real in the IT field. Once you approach 50 this becomes an issue. It’s not like one of those careers where you can chill once you’ve put in the number of years. Unless he’s working for the government he would be concerned about job security. Try to understand your husband’s point of view as to why he needs to keep running at full speed.

Thyagarajan, Rihana and anika987 like this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

At what age can a child manage without beforecare and aftercare,nanny options?

Just asking..If I am ready for a 9 to 5 job,I have more options..

Can a child leave home to bus stop and stay home alone for atleast a couple of hours in the evening when in middle school? She will be 12 by the time she starts midday school

7. RRAJ

RRAJ Gold IL'ite

From 13 and above they can stay alone and they can do baby sitting too. I think from 11 they can stay alone for may be one or two hours. Not sure about. You can check your state laws.

anika987 likes this.
  8. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

It depends on the kids. Most kids will be independent by 10 yr

anika987 and Angela123 like this.
  9. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

Some states they don't specify the age that they can stay home alone. Most of the time it depends on the parents judgement, and many other factors. My friend's 8 yr old walks home from bus stop by himself and get in to the house.

anika987 likes this.
  10. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

join local fb groups for job ideas

anika987 likes this.