1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Super Confused please advice .

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by pihoousa, Feb 2, 2012.

1. pihoousa

pihoousa Senior IL'ite

Hi,Ladies

Long time,,,

My problem is i am getting job in some other state i might take it too
    and my parents will come and tc of lo 3yr old in present state with my dh..
    Very well paying job,accomodation,travelling expense will be given...

My dh says go...call your parents...(deep down he does'nt like it i think)

I want to stand on my feets earn my bank balance do something for myself am i wrong??????????????

Please advice me..

Pihoo

2. gujulady

gujulady Bronze IL'ite

Congrats on getting a job!!
    I have not read much about your past threads but I could sense from your post that your DH has some reservations with your parents. My only concern is how comfortable are your parents living with your DH in your absence. Do you think both the parties will get along very well? I would suggest living your 3 yr old with your parents in India for couple of months till you get experience in your field and find a job in present state.

3. DivzIyer

DivzIyer Senior IL'ite

I guess it is a trade off.
    If you take the job you loose time with your little one and your husband. If you stay it is the job.
    I guess you should ask yourself "after 5 years what will I regret more"........time with your family or the job.
    Then take it from there :)......I dont think there is a right or wrong, you do what you think is best.
    I always believe every dream has a price.
    Good luck

4 people like this.
  4. pihoousa

pihoousa Senior IL'ite

thanks gujulady and divz i agree with both of you both my parents njoy usa and my dh is fine with them
    too infact he offered me this idea i am thinking of taking experience in few mths brb i gave 3yrs to my lo i was at home now i am tire dof being ignored by myself i want to find my dreams come true.

thanks ladies for replying else 150 views did'nt even bother..

5. indianinbayarea

indianinbayarea New IL'ite

Pihoo

There is always struggle in life. I know you have a little one so how comfortable is she with your parents? Do you think she can stay with them for a week at a stretch?

You say the company is giving you travelling expenses so I am guessing you will come home every weekend( maybe thursday or friday) and leave again on sunday or monday. DO you think your little one can stay away from you for 5 straight days? If she can then I think go for it

Once you get some experience then you can leave the job and search for something close to home. Always remember " When the going gets tough, the tough gets going"

6. shyamalajh

shyamalajh Gold IL'ite

You should give it a try. Work for 3 months and see if all is working OK. If you feel you are inconveniencing your family in a disproportionate manner, Then work , if you find something in the same place as your hubby or see if he can move. My guess is you will regret not trying to make this opportunity work. Your hubby and parents are cooperative so, what can be wrong in trying. In the long run it will be good for every one as you seem to be frustrated not working.

7. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

I think you must take this opportunity and see how it goes. Otherwise you will regret whole life for not trying. Just see for few days how it goes. If you or you lo doesnot like living apart for 4 days a week you can leave it and come back. I know its too hard leaving our young kid but it may start your career at least. It was hard for me too leaving my 18 month old lo in daycare crying. I used to cry too but now after 8 years I feel what I did was right. I restarted my career and she got adjusted to daycare, made new friends, learn many things, became smart and friendly. I would advise you to take this opportunity. GL!!

8. GMReddy

GMReddy Silver IL'ite

dear pihoo,

since you are very much interested in career, you can try out the new job for few months. if your kid adjusts well to the new situation then you can continue in that job or else you can plan alternatives later.

only thing you have to take care is at least every week, you have to visit you kid and spend some time with the kid. Or if possible you can also plan to take kid along with you and let your parents also come and stay with you for sometime...if your hubby can take care himself...

best of luck...