1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sunkan's Article in The Hindu

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by varalotti, Jun 5, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanku mythili,
    i am very happy that all think so, and would love to see u all join the crusade for a demand for trees along with flats, to save the world in future regards sunkan

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanku priya,
    for ur wishes and am happy many like my photograph too, hope there would be FB for my articles now that u have seen me, and know who is writing,, regards sundari

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanku bhargavi,
    thanku for all ur wishes and for the forthcomings tooo now that is a great encouraging wish i love that...regards sunkan

4. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Hello Sunkan,

Kudos to you for getting an article published and that too in Hindu. I fully endorse your views on the trees and its effects on our environment. I too live in an apartment and there are no trees within the gates( hardly any space around) but the road in front has lots of big trees.

Hope to see more of your posts and articles in the days to come.

Regards,

Abha.

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear abha,
    if there is space inside the compound all join together and get a nice tree sapling and put it there, i am sure with all u people's love it would grow into a beautiful place for the birds landing and nesting...regards sunkan

6. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Sunkan
    Congratulations on getting published in the pestigious Hindu, that too as an Environment Day special.

You have expressed the anguish of so many of us. It holds true not just for Bangalore but for all metros and developing urbanscapes.

I totally agree with you that the govt. should seriously think of passing a law for making greenery a mandatory prerequisite for obtaining building sanctions . A percentage of the total site area must necessarily be set aside for trees and grass.
    Some property developers in Tamil Nadu are designing layouts, where the buyer of a site is bound by a clause in the sale deed itself that only 65% of the area will be consumed by concrete , and the rest developed as a garden or orchard.

More people shd. realise the very apparent dangers and go for self regulation.

regards
    manjula

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear manju,
    SMKRISHNA govt had brought that 3 trees are must for sanctioning but now they dont bother, even today i had a tiff with the builders asking them to leave atleast one tree, and the damage of the future is in their hands, but people busy pocketing funds, dont know their negative contribution to the world...regardssunkan

8. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Dear Sunkan congratulation, i always loved to read ur posts & hope more to come frm U. So know we know u by face, nice picture.

Once again congrats:2thumbsup: & ur that article was really provoking. Hope we all wake up soon.

9. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,
    Hearty congrats for publishing your post in Hindu.Your article is very well written and is sooo true.Like everyone mentioned you are so beautiful ,smart and chic.your hair style is soo good.Keep posting more and more.

10. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sundari

u r looking pretty, first am excited by cing u and then the article is very good!!!

congratulations:2thumbsup:
    i wish to c many more articles from u

cheers
    sreelatha