1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sun TV-who is the CM of TamilNadu?

Discussion in 'TV' started by sunitha, Dec 18, 2005.

1. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I watch SunTV regularly since I have not subscribed to any other channel here.Off-late,I have been getting quite frustrated with Sun TV news.

Everyday,there is an opinion given by Mr. Karunanidhi(who is the opposition DMK leader- in TN,(for those of you who don't know that) and this is read out by the newsreader along with his photo being displayed.Throughout the news,anyone who is not aware of TN politics will think that Mr. Karunanidhi is the CM of TN,that is how he is portrayed.

There is no mention of Ms. Jayalalitha(the CM) even in the news.Everyone knows that SunTV is owned by the Maran Family which is a DMK supporter.But does that mean that even the news should be so partial towards the opposition party.I am not a Jayalalitha or a Karunanidhi supporter,but this vexes me.Recently some American delegates had visited TN and the news showed them meeting up with Karunanidhi and he thanking them for visiting TN.Then the newsreader goes on to say things like Mr. Karunanidhi asked them to do this and that and that they have agreed to do it and so on... well,give me a break!!!who is the CM here?

If you see the newspaper ,you will get the correct picture-which is that the CM has actually agreed to do all that!

I used to love watching SunTV but nowadays,I don't feel like watching it because of this extreme bias!

Does anyone else out there share my opinion?

Cheers

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

sun TV who is the CM of Tamilnadu?

Hai,
    I am of the same opinion. It is really frustrating to watch two different versions of the happenings in Tamil Nadu-Sun Tv version and Jaya Tv version. Only after reading some unbiased newspapers as the Hindu, we are able to know the truth. Sun Tv is always projecting the ruling party as culprits for even the present rains lashing Tamilnadu. Jaya Tv seems to say that the rains are the works of Karunanidhi to tarnish the image of their Amma. We at Chennai are now a confused lot. We do not know whom to believe. I wish there was a nuetral channel to show us the real happenings. Sun Tv is unnecessarily boosting some unwanted news and creating much hype in the State. Take the matter of Khushboo, nobody is sure what she said in India Today, but Tamil Murasu (owned by Sun Tv) projected it and it had created so much problems. I think they are targetting people who do not work with them. Khushboo is hosting the Jackpot programme in Jaya Tv. I feel that now the film fraternity is also slightly bending towards ADMK and this irks the DMK. Before, the film people used to be very loyal to MK. Now recently Shivakumar conducted his daughter's marriage on the presence of the CM. He used to be a very staunch supporter of MK. Mk did not even attend the marriage or reception. The opposition parties are acting like "ethiri" party rather than "ethir" party here. It is most unfortunate that we have such people in this state. In other states, the opposition people interact well otherwise. Here they do not even want to come face to face. So much for "Tamil culture".
    varloo

3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I agree with you,Varloo.I too thought the same thing about the Khusboo episode.
    Just because she was anchoring for Jaya TV,Sun tv decided to make a mountain of a mole hill regarding her comments in some magazine.

Frankly,there is some amount of truth in what Khusboo said.Instead of Tamil women,she should have said Indian women.Pls don't get me wrong.I am proud to be an Indian and always 'want' to be till the end of my life!

I feel in recent years,many of our younger generation have started aping the western culture and its lifestyles to such an extent that today anything western is considered ok.Western culture has its good and bad things.The sad thing is that our younger generation is aping the bad things more than the good things.Things like smoking,drinking,pre-marital sex,post-marital affairs etc. which were considered a taboo to Indian women until a few years ago,are not anymore.We are just degrading ourselves today by aping the West.

Recently got to see B4U channel ..I had lost touch with Bollywood movies for almost a year now...But what a shock I got!Almost all movies and almost all songs have women skimpily clad and just gyrating to any music!!My God,is this my country..I am ashamed!!!Even here in the U.S.,I don't get to see so much exposure in any of the channels.Is it that Bollywood feels that if there is no exposure,the movies won't run or something..I don't know.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
    1 person likes this.