1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

summer vacation-part 1

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by umasaras, May 28, 2009.

1. umasaras

umasaras Senior IL'ite

hi,
    It is the season for vacation and i fondly remember my thatha writing me letter by first wek of April about the coloured kozhis (Chicken) and will arrive on the day our exams get over to take us to his village. Our is my brother and me, we pack our bags . Our journey starts with the train journey and then bus and finally by bullock cart. The last part being the most enjoyable for both of us as we would sit at the back and hang our legs and hold the rod that closes the cart , sometimes to our disappointment we would be made to sit inside to make the weight even in the cart or they will say vandi koda sangidum, (will topple over).
    You can imagine the fun if the trip starts this way, will continue to write about it in the next few days.
    I sort of remembered this when I see my son sitting at home being bored .

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

The trip to village is always enjoyable. Green fields, nice people, very good atmosphere and things which we cant see in urban areas like bullock cart, pump set bath...

we are really missing it. thanks for bringing back those greeny memories.

andal

3. umasaras

umasaras Senior IL'ite

hi swathi,
    Thanks for the comments, apart from what you had mentioned the greatest would be the pampering we used to get from the moment we land there frome everyone around,. I would try and write my experiences, that is why I numbered it one.
    uma