Summer Vacation And No Mobile Phones.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Anusha2917, Apr 28, 2019.

1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

@Anusha2917 I totally agree with you.
    These days kids don’t get to enjoy as much as we used to enjoy summer vacations. Even few years back when all the cousins met, my aunts used to give Kai thuthu, sambhar rice and curd rice used to taste so yummy. We used to happily relish

Anusha2917 and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @Anusha2917 for taking my comments in the spirit they were given.
    You will be a well balanced parent . I can see that from your posts.
    With warm wishes.

Anusha2917 and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Ahh I miss it so much. I love dilpasand too :hearteyes:

Anusha2917 likes this.
  4. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

You made my "dilkush"by mentioning about dil pasand..:hearteyes:

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:
    If one likes and ready to splurge let it go on.
    2. Rituals are taking backseat and the being used only to celebrate possession of and display wealth and their wares.
    3. In hot summer, in most unsuitable dress bathed in sweat - inspite of ac hall - these shows woll go on and on.
    4. THESE CELEBRSTIONS not guarantee happy life to just married. Rituals are completed in great hurry with or without understanding their importance and prominence given to photo video sessions and to make it live on net.
    5. Many marriages conducted in this manner, flops and couple gets separated ending up in divirce in a different land. Some are sticky lucky tricky.
    6. It may be argued that it provides livelihood to many. Contextually speaking, I think
    Colossal waste of intellectual effort, energy and waste of hard earned money and other resources ;and these will not TRANSLATE into higher GDP for the nation in anyway.
    Thanks and regards.
    God fix up in heaven and so for some honey moon too ....

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    GeetaKashyap and Anusha2917 like this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

It is like the bar-mitsvah for a jewish child at that age. This preteen years is the age when the child understands what sorts of gadgets, and real-money he could get from various uncles and aunties as the ceremonial gifts. While there is not going to be any serious study of vedas, and other things, the child will be asked to memorise his "ancestral lineage", and repeat this over and over again during the concluding phase of the ceremony so that he could appropriately introduce himself to all his elders in the clan and outside the clan when he meets them. This is the only useful take home lesson from the ceremony -- the knowledge of his lineage, going back a few generations.

I want girls to learn their lineage too, and get presents on reciting it back --whether or not there is an equivalent thread thing for girls.

7. Anusha2917

In kai thuthu there used to be a fight on who's going to get last thuthu .. That used to be the yummiest of all.. :hearteyes::hearteyes:

GeetaKashyap and shravs3 like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:That is very right. Abi Bha dhaye it is called and uttered in Sanskrit no one cares to know this nor the boy understand. I have seen modern grooms struggle to utter this method of introduction in prostrate posture.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God is not extending special concession or consideration things done without Bhava.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  9. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Hey @Anusha2917 !
    Somehow i missed this thread earlier!
    Know what, summer vacations or not , I do lament these days to myself in private over when i nag my daughter about doing nothing in the day!
    Kids days have to be so structured these days, otherwise, they only end up watching television/screens due to this grand innovation by the 'Human Brain'! The simple pleasures of life which , most hearts yearn, gathering from the responses here, have really no or zero '0' ' value'/ worth attached to them and so we all go forcing our kids on the same paths which are downright downtroddeshabby and uneven and so unfresh from the years of overuse!

That said, life always is/was about managing to your best abilities within your circumstances and values ... So we bring up this generation based on the current circumstances socially and environmentally! :)

10. Anusha2917

Well said Afresh. .we can't even explain simple pleasure which we experienced to the kids in this generation and the cycle continues . When their times come they would feel nostalgic about fantasy videos they earched in YouTube. YouTube may not even exist. He he. .
    All we can do is go feel nostalgic about our good times in the past and smile through fond memories..

Thyagarajan, GeetaKashyap and Afresh like this.