1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Summer health issues and remedies - share your experience

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by mimur9, May 5, 2013.

1. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi

Do you or your family members face any particular health issue during Summer?

Come and share the issue and what did you do to get rid of that!

Put the issue in bold letters.

Your experience may help others.

2. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

Chicken Pox and Prinkly heat are common in Summer.
    Also due to heat, the head sweats a lot and ends up in heavy head with cold. To Avoid that always wipe your head with a soft cotton towel.
    Urinary ( UTI - Urinary Track Infection) is quiet common and to avoid that drink lots of water and fresh juices and specially coconut water.
    Never drink water immediately after entering the house from hot sun. Relax for a while and this will help our body to accept the change of indoors and then drink water...
    Some people pour cool water directly on head after coming home from out. This may lead to stroke, never do that.

1 person likes this.
  3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for joining Nijasav. very good points.

------------------------------------------------

When body heat is more it brings in disadvantages with it, like heat boils, etc. so :-

limit your sweet intakes
    Bathe twice daily
    Eat veggies & fruits with more water content like cucumber, ashgourd, watermelon, muskmelon etc
    Soak some fenugreek seeds in water for 2 hours. Mix in some buttermilk or curd and have it. very good body cooler
    Take soaked sabja seeds (soak them for sometime then mix in with milk and have in the evening)

1 person likes this.
  4. shagydeep

shagydeep Bronze IL'ite

Hello,
    No i don't have any problem in summer season but my family members are fed with prickly heat rashes...

5. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

shaggydeep,

share what they do to get rid of it and the prevention taken by them to prepare themselves for the next season.

6. leena999

leena999 Silver IL'ite

thankfully never faced anything other than prickly heat rashes, which can be avoided with a good anti-rash prickly heat powder.

Eating watermelons and other fruits with extra water content and keeping yourself well dehydrated really helps.

Also keeping hands clean(carry a hand sanitiser always) and having boiled water helps keep troubles at bay.

1 person likes this.
  7. RadhiSrini

RadhiSrini Senior IL'ite

Any suggestion regarding prickly heat powder..when summer starts me and my son suffer from prickly heat rashes even on face,it seems odd and irritating as well....

8. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Radhasrini, You get variety of prickly heat powders in the market.

Apart from this, include cooling food like soaked fenugreek in curd, buttermilk, gulkand, cucumber, watermelon, tender coconut etc.

You can grate some cucumber and apply on the affected part of skin

Even lactocalamine application at night time (use it liberally) helps.

9. Elisa01

Elisa01 Junior IL'ite

Hi mimur9, Some common problems are find out like- Chicken pox,Typhoid, Jaundice...

10. ranjithaprakash

ranjithaprakash New IL'ite

Dehydration is very common in summer. Heat and dehydration leads to a lot of health problems. I know it is advisable to drink plenty of water, especially in summers but somehow I cannot bring myself to drink more than 3-4glasses of water a day. I try to make it up by drinking a lot of juice all through the day. I usually buy packs of KDD harvest juices and chill them in the fridge. This way I am able to keep myself hydrated all through the day as well as relish on delicious juices. I especially love their Mango juice.

Last edited: May 15, 2014