Summer Camps in Austin and nearby areas

Discussion in 'Indians in Austin' started by vani, Apr 16, 2015.

1. vani

vani Junior IL'ite

Hello ladies,

I'm looking for Summer camp info. (half day / full-day) in Round Rock and N.Austin areas.

I used to enroll my kid in Summer camps conducted by RRISD in their schools for half-day (9am-12pm), now that I have to find something full-day, need some info. on the same.

Rgds,
    Vani

2. Roshni

Roshni Local Champion Staff Member Senior IL'ite

Hi Vani,

Have you tried Summer camps in YMCA? I've heard Camp Twin Lakes (YMCA) is very good from my friends that they have excursion camps. If your kids love playing outside it would be good. Not sure if this would be far for you since you said Round Rock, but you may want to ask for a similar camp in the nearby YMCA.

Camp Doublecreek in Round Rock is also so much fun. My kids did it last year and they got to do swimming, rock climbing, horse riding, soccer, etc. They did it for a couple of weeks and would want to go back. But it is little expensive than other places.

Regards,
    Roshni

1 person likes this.
  3. simi

simi Junior IL'ite

Hi,

These are some full day, week / month long camps I have come across when I looked for my elementary kids.

Thinkery Austin has week long camps focused on Science and Engineering.
    Choose Event - the Thinkery Online Store

Camp Invention is also conducting week long camps in some elementary schools in Austin / Roundrock and they are STEM related.

Checkout Girlstart camps (girlstart.org) on music, science, etc.

Mad Science camps focused on spying, about rockets, robots, animals, etc. are conducted in and around many schools in Austin. Check out austin.madscience.org for more details.

Bricks4kidz has lego camps - bricks4kidz.com.

Hope this helps you decide on camps for your kids.

Best wishes,
    Simi

1 person likes this.
  4. vani

vani Junior IL'ite

Dear ladies,

Thank you for all the info shared regarding camps. I'm looking for mostly full-day camps, throughout summer. Girlstart seemed to be a good fit for my schedule as well as my kid's interest, unfortunately, we are wait listed there.

Rgds,
    Vani