Summer Camps For 1st Grader

Discussion in 'Indians in Austin' started by YoGirl, Apr 5, 2019.

1. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

hi all,

I am looking for summer camps in round rock. My kid went to ymca last year. But want to try something else this year. Any suggesstions?

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

YoGirl, did you finalize the camps? Confession: I don't know about camps in the Austin area, just want to momentarily relive simpler times when deciding what camps was the biggest issue from Feb to May. : )

Most cities have similar types of camps. YMCA which has a weekly theme, sports based, technology ones, academic focus ones...

Some points:
    - Does she have any preferences? Any friends going to camps also?
    - Does she like outdoor activities more or indoor?
    - Do you care whether the camp spends too much time outside in the afternoons when temperatures are high?
    - Are you particular about place and restrooms being super clean, and they remind kids to apply sunscreen?
    - How many weeks do you need camps for?
    - Do you want to find one place and stick to that for all of summer or mix and match?
    - Need extended care? Need flexible drop-off time?

Why not go with YMCA again? For the variety of themes, activities and swim time they offer, the price is hard to match.

3. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

Thanks Rihana!
    I definitely worry about the 12 pm swim schedule at ymca..but cant complain much about other activities.

There are art camps, music camps and nature camps.. but seem to be a little far and expensive too.

For a 1st grader i think i can safely choose ymca. Works out in most aspects.