1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Suicides?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by tuffyshri, Jan 19, 2012.

1. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Just overheard a conversation that is happening in the cubicle next to me. Where the person is narrating an incident about his friend - the friend had 2 daughters and a son it seems. The first one got married, the second one had eloped with her lover. This has caused the person to commit suicide.

This has created a stir in me, really. I mean.. why would someone do that... fear for society? for what people would speak? come on!! this is 'our' life and we have to live it, not them. where from comes all these shame, fame, and all... one weak moment and you are gone forever.. you are causing trouble for yourself and also the others. Imagine the daughter.. how can she be peaceful over her marriage.. she will feel guilty forever.. or is THAT the intent of this man? My own experience has taught me - no problem is a problem. everything has a solution and can be solved. give it some time, go to the right people for solutions. break down the problems into simpler units and solve one by one. After all remember 'For this will also pass away' (idhuvum kadandhu pogum)

I think except human species, no other in this earth could attempt to commit a suicide!

PS - Sorry.. but I became very emotional after hearing this. For today morning only I felt very depressed and bad at myself that I am not good in office, nor at home; not being a good woman, lazy, ugly... just a phase you know. For a moment, I thought may be I should commit suicide and then brushed it aside. :-(

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012

2. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

tuffy,
    these suicides i really dont understand..here last week there was an incident where a family committed suicide..the guy and the daughter who is just in KG2 are dead..the wife is surviving..felt really sad after reading the incident narrated by you..i dont understand why fear of society if you know that your daughter would be happy with a guy from diff religion/caste or whtever!!

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

My own experience has taught me - no problem is a problem. everything has a solution and can be solved. give it some time, go to the right people for solutions. break down the problems into simpler units and solve one by one. After all remember 'For this will also pass away' (idhuvum kadandhu pogum)

exactly !!!!. I wish the person who committed the suicide had read these words, tuffy shri:) it would have saved his life.:)