1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions On Business Idea For A Working Mother

Discussion in 'Jewellery Making' started by Bangaru2710, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Bangaru2710

Bangaru2710 New IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

I am a working mother (2 kids) from chennai Shollinganallur, OMR interested to start a small business. Planning to drop my IT career once the business copes up well. I am not from a business background.So need your suggestions/support on below. My interest is to open a stationary cum fancy store. But please do suggest if any good business ideas

Opening a shop near a school:

1. How to get a shop for rent
    2. Capital investment - i believe we can approach a bank. Please suggest if any
    3. How to register the shop/ i dont have any idea on the legal formalities
    4. Where can we get the goods supply

Opening an online stationary shop:

How will this work out and what are the inputs we need to excel in this

Getting a franchise rights:

How does this works? i have no idea. Please help!

Thanks

2. happygolucky22

happygolucky22 Silver IL'ite

I am not sure about the shops and franchises.

How about opening a quality home based day care with the help of assistants.

3. Prameela33

Prameela33 New IL'ite

Hi, I have two kids too and can understand where you are coming from. I started a home based Imitation jewellery business and doing well. I signed up for Tupperware after I had built sufficient customer base.

The nature of business that you would want to do depends largely on the two factors: 1)Your target income per month and 2)how much time you want to be free. Once you decide on the business, next factor to consider would be availability of capital. And whether you are open to raise a loan (adds risk), if the cash in hand is not sufficient.

Bottom line is that we have numerous options, but need to decide on the above factors. Ponder over the above, and post back what you decide... Would love to know. All the best!!