1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions needed - Mom of 8 mth old daughter EBF..

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by India2009, Dec 13, 2011.

1. India2009

India2009 New IL'ite

Hi all,

As the subject says, I exclusively bf my 8 mth daughter.. I give her cereals
    mixed with formula which is likes it and takes everyday..

I am planning to work sometime after 2 months.. So I want to be prepared in that case.. I have few questions on this basis..

My baby does not like plain formula..I tried giving in cup, glass, bottle.. She does not like the taste of formula at all.. But I am suprised she takes it when I give her for breakfast and dinner mixed with cereals..

My first questions is how to start weaning from my breast milk...I know i should start with formula and replace it...

But what if baby does not like at all. Please experienced ppl please give me ur thoughts... I am really in need of help...

Thanks in advance..

2. India2009

India2009 New IL'ite

54 views no reply ???

3. IlovemyMom

IlovemyMom Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    My baby is 3 months old. I want to give her formula even though iam BFing. She doesn't take formula. Her paed suggested to feed her formula in a bottle when she is sleeping. I have not tried it. May be you can try.

4. JothiSaravanan

JothiSaravanan New IL'ite

I too prefer same, give the bottle when your baby is sleeping. let her get used to the formula, also, you can pump your milk and store it in freezer, so that you can continue to give your milk after going to work too.

5. India2009

India2009 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot friends for the kind replies.. i will defintely try this one - feeding thru bottle in night..Will try and let u know..

Also, I was thinking abt this one too, Just because my baby is ok with cereals with formula, Can I mix cereals with formula (Cereals very little) and give in bottle and try..?

6. riefa

riefa Bronze IL'ite

hi mum, i have a 8 mo's old daughter also. Did you start giving her formula recently? Did she like before? My baby also not so interested in formula recently. I read somewhere it's because baby in this age is busy learning motor skill and more interested in food. Try give her formula before nap and sleep. Rest, give her meals and finger food. It works for me.

7. IlovemyMom

IlovemyMom Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Since my baby is only 3 months old iam not sure about the cereal part. May be other experienced moms can help you. My baby is not taking breast milk also from bottle. I really don't know how to make her take a bottle and also formula.

8. riefa

riefa Bronze IL'ite

Sometimes you have to try several types of bottles (diff pacifier) to find the one fits to your baby. I had the same problem and end up in giving her formula from bottle which has spoon on top, as my MIL make her habit of drinking milk from spoon. Quite messy while going out, but no other option. Now i'm introducing sippy cup.

9. IlovemyMom

IlovemyMom Gold IL'ite

My LO is not accepting spoon feeding also. Iam still trying. Hope for the best.

10. kanchanbish

kanchanbish New IL'ite

I too had the same problem with my son.. i exclusively bf him till he was 9 mnths old... then i tried giving him formula in bottle.. but he refused.. i tried for many days.. and then i bought wide neck bottle for him(tommy tippee) which gave him feeling of breast.. and i started giving milk in that when he was just going to sleep.. it actually worked for him.. but really u have to keep trying it consistently.. it took me around 1mnth.. and i kept on trying... at first u can also give him expressed breast milk in bottle so that he first get used to the bottle and then start giving him formula in that..