1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions/feedbacks on glassy cooktops

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by amihere, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i use a four burner very effectively and it comes in handy when i have parties or early morning school/office hurry. though it becomes a little hectic if the vessels are bigger...

so it is all about how you use it, the size of your pans, and also the time constraint...

2. OliveOyl

OliveOyl Gold IL'ite

yes agree with shanvy, i have a 4 burner cook top and it is extremely convinient in the mornings...I use all four simultaneously.

3. PavitraVenkat

PavitraVenkat Gold IL'ite

i am using prestige 3 burner glasstop stove for over 3 years now...no complaints till date...
    dont go for auto ignition model. there are some problems with it. the store manager (prestige smart kitchen's outlet) himself was against auto ignition model. my mom is using 2 burner glasstop of same brand but with auto ignition and has had problems with it. in future, am considering upgrading to a 4 burner hob though :D
    as for cleaning, i do it myself and is a breeze. :)

4. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

I dont know about glasstops, but I use my four burner stove to the hilt - and all 4 burners at the same time usually !!! It is great time saver
    In the Mornings -
    1 cooker in the biggest back burner - for dal and rice, if idli for breakfast, I put idlis on this burner after rice!!!
    1 kadai in the second big front burner for sabji - front one, so that I can see it and stir etc...
    1 milk in the back small burner - for coffee, packing curd for dabbas etc - I later transfer the rasam or anything to boil for longer time to this back burner...
    1 smallest burner - for heating water to drink warm in mornings, tea, coffee, dal's tadka, rasam etc
    Once sabji over, I put the dosa pan on that burner, or make upma etc on that one :)

(I also use the microwave and convection oven in mornings apart from the 4 burners, always need extra stoves and extra hands :) - but my work gets done in a total of 1 hour !!!)

I use bigger vessels across each other, so place is always enough !!! And I'm 5'4", so tall enough to reach the back burners :)

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hrastro,

why am i not surprised seeing you here.. and did you forget the kettle, and the induction stove..just kidding..morning times and the endless demands..and the lull after that 1 hour, and a cup of coffee..bliss..

6. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

YEah.I agree with hrastro.Mine is Butterfly 4-burner glasstop . It is very spacious and i use all the four burners at the same time. On the back-side right burner(big) i put the pressure cooker(7 ltr) with Dal and rice. Beside this burner(small ) i keep idly cooker and on the front side i use the big burner for tea, after that small pressure cooker(3 ltr) for curries) . On the remaining burner i boil milk for my DD and after that i use it for tempering chutney,preparing rasam etc. All at a time - Multiplying multi tasking !!!

7. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Heh heh.... I love jumping in with advices on things I know about :)

Shanvy !! Yes, I forgot the kettle !! But, nowadays my DS8 uses it on his own for honey mixed warm water early morning - I just keep honey and spoon in a glass !!!

Induction stove - am yet to buy - want to, but thinking if its really necessary as I get 1 cylinder for 3 months (>90 days) and the 4 burner + 2 ovens is multi-tasking enough for me, DH and DS (FIL gets fresh food when he's here :))

I have a tea break in between this storm :) and once after the storm passes!!

8. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Thank you alll for the suggestions and f/bs. So I have decided to go for Prestige glass top itself. Now my confusion is whether 3 or 4 burner. Since I wanted 4burner at first and seeing many posts backing 4burners I think i will go for a 4B itself. First let me check it out in a prestige shop, guess i can try keeping a few vessels I buy from there and then decide (or viceversa thats select a 4burner and select vessel sizes accordingly ;) )
    A big thanks to all of you who jumped in.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ami i have a 4 burner hob with chimney from prestige..no regrets till date.

10. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Shanthi..... I like you for you are always there to help with fbs and suggestions :)