1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion Pls : Shampoo And Conditioner For 8yr Old Girl

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by VijayaRaghu, Aug 16, 2017.

1. VijayaRaghu

VijayaRaghu Silver IL'ite

Ladies, I am looking for some suggestions from you all. My daughter is 8yr old. She has very long and straight hair. It used to be very silky but now a days I see its getting dry, might be because of swimming. And also I am noticing hair fall. Till now I was using Jonson & Johnson baby shampoo for her. But lot of friends are suggesting me not to use those products , especially for girls because of the ongoing issue on those products. Can you please suggest any chemical-free good shampoo.

I used to use Dove conditioner for her, but since couple of months started thinking is it really good to use it on young age girls as it might contain chemicals. Please suggest my some good shampoo and conditioner to retain that beautiful long hair.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

go for paraben free and sls free shampoo but not 100% possible but check in khadinatural range.

try desseeding 10 to 15 reetha/soapnut and then boil, crush and filter and use it as shampoo. ask you dd to close her eyes tight. and add few crushe hibiscus leavea and use it as a conditioner. rinse well.

and oil with good quality coconut oil and not hair oil because most hair oil have mineral oil..

sindmani and VijayaRaghu like this.
  3. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Biotique protein shampoo :)

4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Did you try a swim cap? Ask the instructor to recommend one or two, and try them. Use one which does not pull the hair, and which she can independently put on and off. Learn some tricks of putting the cap on easily. If child protests, gently explain to her about the chemicals in the water. Maybe negotiate that she can wear it some days, then show her how her hair smells less, and how it is easy to comb after washing.