1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

suggestion on best south indian resturants in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by sspp, Jul 27, 2012.

1. sspp

sspp New IL'ite

oh ok Nive ....so nice of u to warn me.......i will never take a chance.......thanks....plannning to try chettinadu this weekend :)

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

sspp,

You can try "Zaafraan" biriyani . Its good.. And they ask you if you want it spicy or less spicy. I like their Veg biriyani

3. nive80

nive80 Bronze IL'ite

sspp,

yep Zaafraan is also good. And they adjust the spice content too.
    You can also try Royal on Thursday nights. They have dosa night !!!

Ranchu ,

Quite close illai :)

1 person likes this.
  4. sspp

sspp New IL'ite

Ranchu Zafraan.....sure will try it.......thanks....i love spicy stuff......

nive: i am big fan of Dosa, will check out royal but since weekday and its far, have to convince hubby...let me see....:)

thanks both of u.....for u helpful sugestions.....

5. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Yesterday we tried Madras Chettinad in Alpharetta...Ambience is so nice and plesant

food is good...south indian dishes are good

1 person likes this.
  6. sspp

sspp New IL'ite

I had visited the Madras Chettinadu this weekend......

enviroment was ok, but a bit rowded, may be weekends....some dishes were good....liked it.....some very ok

but few things were of concern....

3-4 items was empty run out, apetizer and very curries , some took a long time to re fill, some not refilled at all.....

there was this chettinadu fish gravy in buffet, it was very little left out .....and in fornt of all the guy came in with 2 bowls of plain water and mixing it and diluting it way too much...it really looked pathetic.....if they cant re fill they can remove that dish, instead adding too much water to very lil gravey and spoiling it...me and my husband were discussin if they do this in open buffet in front of all, what they do inside.......??? not sure......this gave me unpleasant feeling......

and in table wen we wanted coke re fill, it was so ard to even get old of anyone to ask for.....

in general, some itmes are good, taste fine, others not bad, but they have to ave bette rplan to manage crowd and also filling in the buffet in timely manner.......

so our experience was 50/50........

have to try out other place suggested by our friends ...lets see....

7. Ranchu

wow.. thanks Sspp for your review.

Yes it is indeed crowded on weekends. And adding water was really not acceptable. hmm.. looks like this is also going down the drains..

8. nive80

nive80 Bronze IL'ite

Oops that's bad Sspp !!!! We were there on Sunday night for dinner. Service was good. And i have never had such an experience with lunch buffet too.

Maybe it's also going down the drains :(

9. aryanlady

aryanlady Junior IL'ite

1. I used to love Chettinad Dosa in that restaurant. But i feel the place is too pricey. Also almost always the dosa's are sour during weekdays. With tip for two ppl, it comes to 30 plus..

2. Woodlands taste wise is good..The only place where we used to get vadakari..But they will test your patience before they show you any food.. Service is S...L...O...W.

3. Royal's buffet is best for South Indians.. I love their tiffins/dosa..Buffet has Appam and Kuzhipaniyaram..

4. My recent love is John's Creek Saravana Bhavan Buffet. They have the same menu for weekend buffets. But it is authentic food. So gentle on your stomach. For vegetarians like me, i prefer predictable food with predictable taste. Been visiting it once in two weeks now. Guess, they dont have huge patronage like before. Coz, at 12.00 PM - 12.30 PM on saturday, it is almost empty.. Added Benefit. Hot food just for you. :)

5. I have not been to cloves. Should try it sometime. Do they have buffets?

6. Brindavan buffet is so bad for vegetarians. I hate it as to how they come up with Kathirikai manchurian and potato manchurian. Manchurians are the only rish dishes for vegetarians and they come up with some stupid recipe. And they have tomato rice, puliyogare and all in weekend buffet. Not great.

1 person likes this.
  10. Ranchu

Aryanlady,

Yes Cloves have buffet, but very less # of dishes. I think its 7 or 8 bucks only. The taste is good. thats what we love.

LOL for Kathrikaai manchurian... That is hilarious !