1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Suggest me some exercise to lose weight

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by saranyabharathi, Feb 9, 2012.

1. saranyabharathi

saranyabharathi New IL'ite

Hi All,
    Iam trying to lose weight... but my bad luck... met with an accident 8 months ago.. so cant do exercise much.... started to go for slow walk only for 30 min, but i need to lose 10 kg.... right now following one diet plan... referred from net...

Can any one suggest me some ideas to lose weight through diet change....and alternative mild exercises...:confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2:

2. indu2386

indu2386 New IL'ite

Hi Saranya,
    Ofcourse your's is an universal question.
    From your message u told u are going for 30 mins walk. It's best one.
    Try the below exercise as well as quick diet plan,
    1. Take Raggi (liquid form - salty) in the morning. If u wish add a spoon of "oats" in it for taste.
    Effect: This will make you sweat which helps to reduce your weight.
    2. Take raw vegetables in the morning alternative to breakfast. Have twice inthe morning with 2 hrs interval.
    Effect: Helps to lose weight without losing your glow.
    3. Have less oily items for lunch.
    4. Add Soups for evening time. Have a variety of fruit daily during evening time.
    5. Chapathi for dinner.

Hope this will help to reduce your weight.
    Try it out.

Thanks,
    Indira

3 people like this.
  3. swan02

swan02 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

though you can't do strenuous excercise, you maybe able to do some strength training. Do tell me a bit more about where your injury is and maybe I can make some suggestions.

In general, try some of the milder yoga stretches, avoiding the areas of injury. Practice deep breathing and thi sshould help considerably.

1 person likes this.
  4. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

Yes, Yoga when followed with dedication does work wonders. Do try!

5. krishvish

krishvish New IL'ite

Hai,
    See the first thing u should remember while dieting is Dont do fasting. Some are thinking if we skip diet it will work out. It is very wrong. Suppose if we skip one time meal then we will feel very hungry and we will eat more for the next time soon get tired and sleep also. What i will do while dieting is i dont avoid completely all the things. I love sweets but i will eat it very small quantity instead of completely avoiding. Before taking a meal drink water it will make our hunger less.
    For office goers we should pack things like salads, low calorie biscuits, dry fruits, butter milk , sproutted cereals like that. If we feel hungry or tired between the meals we can have any one of these which is filling and healthy also.
    Even while dieting we can take mixed dry fruits which will increase the good cholestral which is necessary for us. More over we should be aware of the calories for the food we take and also the ingerdients in that. Avoid the foods made of Maitha, White sugar, Bakery productsand deep fried. Green tea / Black tea, Raggi, Oats, High Fibre riched foods, Soups, vegetables and fruits all are good. Slow and steady gives u a good result. Follow proper timings for eating. Finish dinner before 7.30 to 8.00 pm which should be a light one.
    The very important thing is Be Confident and positive. Definetly it will work out.

Regards
    Sharu

6. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

startup with the papaya and mango diet this will help you lose more weight

7. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Saranya,
    The first thing u have to do is be active throughout the day. Don't sleep after ur food and don't sit for a long time. U can do even the home chores itself to make u busy. Then fix ur mind to reduce weight. Along with this if u start ur diet and exercise means u vl definitely get the good result. If possible u can go for a small walk within ur hall for every two hours.
    All the best.
    Mahesaran:thumbsup

8. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

nice.......also add oats and dalia to your meal...

9. jinsuz

jinsuz New IL'ite

Hi saranya,

1st of all : im from chennai too.
    2nd : sorry to hear , u had an accident. hope all is well wid u now :)
    regarding excerise, i had a baby last june and i did this and was able to pull out 3 kgs in a month .
    Hence if u are interested, ping me back and i shall tell u the excersise with no pain. and im sure u will also be able to do it.
    take care .

10. thenmozhi07

thenmozhi07 Silver IL'ite

hi jinsuz,
    can u pls tell abt the exercise..i also had a baby in june...i reduced only 3 kgs..my tummy is still big ...pls help..