Suggest good tailor in chennai

Discussion in 'Chennai' started by gayathrisekar, Jun 13, 2008.

1. gayathrisekar

gayathrisekar Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I am looking for a good tailor to stich blouses and salwar (with or without embrodiary) in chennai. Do u anybody to stich kids clothes.

gayathri
    i:help

2. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

hi,

Please do let me know in which part of Madras u stay. Will c if i cud help u with tailors quite nearby. I know few tailors who stitch well in Annangar, Adyar, Royapettah,tailors Rd-Chetpet, and Ashok Nagar.Let me know when u find time.

3. gayathrisekar

Hi,
    My in-lwas live in mylapore and dad' s place is KK.nagar. all the places u say sounds good.

cheer
    gaya3

4. pharmacistSN

pharmacistSN New IL'ite

Hi gayathri, this is Subhananda,

In kknagar, in the building next to amman koil, there is tailor shop UR choice in first floor of the building, it is the last shop in that floor, the lady tailor stiches so well and i am her customer for past two years, i think you too will be impressed with her stiching just try her out.

with regards
    Subhananda

5. gayathrisekar

Thank you very much

cheers
    gaya3

6. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi gayathri,

Sorry for the delayed response, i totally forgot about this post. Anyways nice to hear you are able to reach few of the tailor shops easily.

In Royapettah:

Near Manikoondu(Near woodlands theatre), exactly opposite to a muslim community centre(not sure if it is a mosque) there is a tailor shop called "Sowmi's".Anyone will direct u if u go there and ask for the mosque or muslim community centre.

In Ashok Nagar,

Near the pillar junction there will be a housing board colony, if you are coming from koyambedu it is in the right hand side of the junction. The second block,first house downstairs there is a tailor shop. Insist him or her to return asap, else they will delay a bit. Whatever model or measurement u give, they stitch exactly.

In annanagar (West)

Quite opp to SBOA school there is tailoring shop cum retailer of srarees and salwars, oi dont remember the name, but they stitch excellently. I have stitched nearly 10-15 salwars.

Hope this will help you a lot. If you need further info, plz feel free to ask me or PM me.

7. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi gayathri,

last month i stitched 5 salwars with a guy and all came out very good. hope u know m'pore area..... go to the luz corner u will find LOndon stores close to the luz signal get down in the steps and ask those guys who stiches for pretty women and go to that guy and give your orders. u will defeinitely like it.

8. gayathrisekar

Hi ladies ,
    Thank u very much for all the input, will defintely try them all before i setlle with one.:bowdown

Gaya3

9. rvinodhini

rvinodhini New IL'ite

Do u know somebody in Adyar/Tiruvnmiyur .. Pl let me know

10. jram

jram New IL'ite

we recently got many blouses stiched in chennai through London Tailors in Luz and a tailor in Besant Nagar. The Besant Nagar tailor was very good even though slightly expensive but the London Tailor in Luz (on Royapettah High Road in the basement) was horrible -- so many mistakes.. Don't go to them