Suggest Gift Ideas Please

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by abc00, Jun 26, 2019.

1. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I would like to gift ideas under Rs.2000. I need inputs regarding caravaan radio which I have heard of but no clue about its feedback.

Suggest some novel gift idea for an aunt aged above 50 appx who is interested in music, has get togethers with her friends frequently. She already has a bluetooth speaker so thats ruled out.

Is there any karaoke kit which is easy to set up.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019

2. Ashi1515

Ashi1515 Senior IL'ite

What kind of music does she like and what do the friends drink when they get together? I am thinking an trendy cutting chai or snacks serving set. They come in many eclectic themes and designs -even bollywood- and are quite fun and quirky. You can find some on amazon and online websites.

3. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

@Ashi1515 thanks for your reply. They might have tea but looks like she does have those serving sets. Thanks anyways.

4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have the SaReGaMa Caravan. Poor quality doesn't even begin to describe it. It is not worth the cheap plastic it's made of. Even the selection of songs is mediocre at best, about 30% good songs and the rest are fillers. Most of the golden oldies are missing. Two months after I bought it the receptacle of the micro USB charging port broke off. I called customer service and was told that since I was in the US I was so out of luck! They would repair (not replace) if I brought the unit back to India otherwise it was my problem. These guys should be tied to chairs and made to listen to their godawful playlist on a loop! :rage: I opened the unit, obviously voiding all warranties, and I was appalled by the cheap construction. It is made up of couple of crappy off-market boards that look like they were soldered by children, along with generic batteries and flimsy speakers. In the end I bought the broken component off Amazon and soldered it myself. Don't waste money on it.

Edit: If your aunt likes music you can create a curated playlist of different genres of music and load it on a flash drive. If her Bluetooth speakers can read a flash drive then great, else gift her something like this along with the drive - Amazon.com: Portable Bluetooth Speaker, with10W Acoustic Driver, LED Display, FM Radio, Alarm Clock, Handsfree Speakerphone, Micro SD Card & USB & AUX-in Slots Put the drive and the player together and you have a much better caravan radio of your own.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  5. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

@Gauri03 thanks for the detailed reply and a review of the caravan radio. It looks too appealing to gift to someone.
    Please let me know your inputs regarding this product if you or someone you know bought this and the return policy on Amazon -Microphone wireless with Bluetooth Speaker

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019