suggest best laptop around 50k

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by smileebear, Dec 31, 2011.

1. smileebear

smileebear New IL'ite

thanks for everyone....what about dell xps series laptops....is anybody use this laoptop

2. swethareddy86

swethareddy86 Silver IL'ite

Dell Xps laptops r gud in terms of performance & battery consumption..

3. smileebear

smileebear New IL'ite

thank u swethagaru....in dell xps series which model is best....

4. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

Smileebearji,

I wud suggest to go for dell as it has longer battery life compared to other lapis..
    I bought dell inspiron almost 2yrs back for 36k in hyderabad. It included 4GB RAM,64bit processor,350GB HDD,DVD writer etc. One thing which disappointed me was the upper cover of laptop. It is very shiny and finger prints are easily visible. I wud advice u to select the something which is not shiny and smooth, but should be non shiny. U can test it by touching it. If it is leaving finger prints, avoid it. Also buy a small screen lapi. I made a mistake of buying a 15'' inch screen as i use it for personal mail checkings.I chose windows 7 as Operating system to learn the new features. If u r comfortable with windows xp,then stay with the same OS.
    I have not chose graphics card since I am not a game addict.It would cost you another 1k-2k extra. Also make sure ur RAM is expandible.Though they say that 4GB is more than enough, better to ask for extra RAM slot...

1 person likes this.
  5. smileebear

smileebear New IL'ite

haagesummane thanks for ur valuable reply....i m plannig to buy xps series.....do u have any idea about that

6. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

smilebearji,
    I heard from my friend that it is a great lapi with sleek design.One suggestion, check for the trackpad(center pad used for movement of mouse pointer) on it. If it is made of steel or aluminium, then it becomes difficult to use it. If u r used to mouse,thn it is not a problem...

7. vichuchachu

vichuchachu Senior IL'ite

Dell is the best. Battery backup is good.