Sugar Levels

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by nekkanti, Nov 2, 2016.

1. nekkanti

nekkanti Bronze IL'ite

I was put under Glucose Tolerance Test at 24th week and 30th week. They are normal.

But yesterday got tested again After Breakfast the Sugar value is 160. Normal is some where 140 range I guess. I am in my 36th week now. Please advise

2. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Sugar level increase during pregnancy is common sign but its better to bring it to normal .My sugar level increased to 180 during my 8-9th month so doctor advised me to reduce high sugar fruits like mango,sapodilla,grapes and direct sweets.It came to normal within two weeks.So don't panic but at the same time try to keep your sugar levels normal.

3. nekkanti

nekkanti Bronze IL'ite

I have no carving for sweets and rarely eat them.. I am taking apple, orange and Pomegranate

4. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

@nekkanti Your glucose level can increase if its only carbohydrates diet(dosa or idly). Since it digests fasts your glucose level increases. Add some protein food like eggs, sprouts etc which will slow down digestion thereby keeping sugar levels under control. By the way, its common to have a increased sugar levels in the 3rd trimester. Sugary and sweets are not the only things that raise sugar levels. Have a safe deivery. good wishes to you

5. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

Hello there ..!
    I hope u and the LO are doing fine.

Since u said ur second & third trimester OGCT were normal, I think u can b at peace.
    When u tested the last time , did u hav a proper fasting of 10-12 hrs before breakfast ?
    And what did u have for breakfast that day ?
    Was the sample drawn properly after 2 hrs of meal ?
    U could repeat the test if in doubt along with fasting sugar.
    Meanwhile cut down on sugar n sweets ..
    Imo there's nothing to b worried as the ogct were normal
    Good luck