Success stories using fertility treatments

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by RamyaSridhar1978, Feb 9, 2012.

1. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

hi ladies I know how you must be feeling since I went thru patch sometime in my life. I hated to socialize .. I avoided any social function.. Luckily for me I was working but as a teacher later that too began to feel demoralizing -seeing -teaching children but having none of my own... I left my job.... My mother and my mil would continue scouting ten different astrologers who used to tell ten different things to the extent they even followed and did all the necess poojai . one full year hubby and i literally went to temples.. Known to overcome this problem.. subramanium, garbharakshsmbhikay.. etc.. I remembered one time on astro told me to get ready as a newly married bride and have first night when I look back I feel my god how silly of me .i agree at that stage you are ready to do ..... anything and everything because you just want to conceive. You have the whole world ready to blame.. My inlaws thought I had some problem and my parents thought my hubby had . I have heard this too .. U will not conceive, they might have to adopt etc... .. Ladies pl don't lose heart pl just talk things u and ur husband have to be tough and take a call for the right step.. I sincerely believe that everything in life has a time and place.. That destiny is what decides your life.my only regret today is I should have started thinking of a family early I didn't know that conceiving can be such a challenge.. But all is well that ends well.
    I got married at the age of 24 but concieved only at the age of 31.it took eight long years.. I hated myself in such a situation. Luckily for me my husband was was very very supportive. Of course immed after marriage I didn't think of a baby and let things pass by for two years I was not physically and mentally ready for a family then... At 26 we decided we must dthink of starting a family kept trying for a yr .... Nothing happened. 27 decided to get out and visit a doc he guided me with my ovulation days and told me to try ... Then... Like keeping a tab on my ovulation days thru sonography ... I was also injected with some inj to boost the chances.. Kept trying for 6mnths nothing worked.. Later . Tried 4 cycles of iui .. Failed.... Decided to go for a thorough laparoscopy check... Everything was right... ... Again. Went thru 3 cycles of iui with another doc. Still failed .. In all I think I had 8 iui.s and monitored ovulation for 6 mnths... . By now I was 28 yrs.. I got fed up ..
    Then the decision came that we must try an Ivf .. Well I tried one cycle with dr malpani but failed ... I got so fed up with such continuous treatment to my body .. And constant pestering from family and relatives moreover we were broken financially even iui cost a bomb. Apart from that a failed Ivf ... . We decided we wonT try anything now I just wanted to go away from everybody..
    luckily for me my hubby got a job abroad .. As though it was god send .. For us to be abroad we managed to make up the money for another cycle of Ivf... This time I went to India just for that... But again failed... I had almost given up hope and we decided we will go in for adoption... When my hubby insisted we give one last try ... I had a,lso started my vaibhavi laxmi I pooja Then.nxt yr I went again. And this was my last try for Ivf ... So the doc combined Icsi and Ivf and .... It turned out to be a success ... I had positive blood reports I was so happy . In the initial week of sono it was confirmed that I had twins . I was ecstatic.. I was dlike deer hi shahi at least my family is complete now. But then I had a premature delivery and my babies were low wgt the doc scared us to death ESP with my daughter since she was too low in birth wgt and had not passed stool for many days they lost hope on her yet again I kept praying to god .. That u. Can.t be doing this giving me two but taking the life of one... .. Thank god for my hubby he immed changed the nicu and my daughter was doing well in the other nicu.. Touchwood now both my kids son and daughter are doing good. Since they r premies they fall Ill sooner mean catch cold n stuff but overall they r ok.their milestones too.
    Throughout my struggles even my parents were not so supportive as my hubby I thankgod for give ng me such a good husband. vaibhavi laxmi I pooja It really worked for me.... I still believe in it now I dn.t get much time but will def want to do it again.. To thankgod for everything.
    In all ladies don't lose heart there is time for things to happen just trust yourself and keep praying.
    My personal opinion. With dr malpani I think he is good. Kai rasi is dr anirudh the cycle which his wife Anjali did didn't yield results but dr anirudh hands seemed lucky for me.
    whatever treatment you do .. The embryo has to implant in your body , ur body must be ready now this stage is still in hands of god.. However medically advanced we can be with donor egg, sperm even donor embryo.. Still that implantation stage is "... With him... He knows best!! Pray and take care and all the best.
    Ps.:I forgot to mention that I m a thyroid patient I got thyr after my marriage (may be staying with my inlaws)[​IMG].. It's in my family history.. This was a kicker... Pl said oh u have thy then u can't conceive...
    This is a false notion just that it has to be controlled well ..though even in high cases pl have concv my sis conceived naturally even when her thyr levels were high. She has a normal baby.

2 people like this.
  2. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

thanks dharini for posting it here. your story is sure to inspire those ttc.hats of to your courage and the belief that miracles do happen.!!!!

3. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Dharini

If you dont mind can you share the name of this gynaec...If u see there are a few of us who are under various consultatons with Drs in Pune...this will help us..

Also from you post I am assuming both the babies were conceived naturally...:thumbsup

Sorry for your little girl...but did the Dr say any reason why it happened?

and last qn...Dr Phadnavis is in Jehangir? plus I hope the subordinate of Dr Rao that u mentioned is NOT Manjiri Kulkarni...one of my best friends is consulting her and is due in 3 months...:spin

4. djain

djain Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Ransree !!!

5. Laxmi1982

Laxmi1982 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ramya,
    Thanks for sharing your story with us....it is really helpfull to build our confidence back..

lots of love to your children :)

6. curious28

curious28 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for sharing ur story here RamyaSridhar1978... I'm also in ttc since 3 yrs... hope all goes well for me in the next cycle..
    feels good to see so many ladies succeeding :) hope to be one such soon...
    sticky baby dust to all ttc..

7. djain

djain Bronze IL'ite

thanks Ramya !!! Even urs is very inspiring one... you also have lot of courage !!! Brave gal... :)

yeah even in my story also i forgot to mentioned about pujas, mannat & astrology things... I do believe in these & as u rightly mentioned tht during that situation u happnd to do everything & anything suggested to u.. so I was following eerything my MIL & mother used to ask me.. :) but nw i feel that all them are paid off whn i see smiling face of my son.. there is nothing in d world beyond that one thing in my life now.. :D

luv,
    Dharini Jain

8. djain

djain Bronze IL'ite

Hi xiaojie,

yeah both my babies were naturally !!

i miscarried my girl.. tht time doc told me tht my water level was nil.. somehow it got emptied & I couldn't realized it as I was bleeding tht time.. :(

Dr. Phadnavis is with Oyster & Pearl currently & yeah Manjari kulkarni is not with Dr. Rao nw.. so she wasn't her.
    In fact for Manjari Kulkarni, even i heard a gud review abt her so don't u worry & don't make ur frnd also tensed..;)

I am not confortable sharing names of docs who messed up my situation as tht is my peersonal exp. & may not be true for others...

luv,
    Dharini Jain

9. reshma2010

reshma2010 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I am now 7 weeks pregnant with twins. Please pray for my safe delivery.

Here goes my ttc story.

After one year of married life, we decided to have a baby. The moment we think of ttc, my periods became irregular. It was quite regular before. My mil took me to a gyneac where i have been diagnosed PCOS. Believe me at that time i didn't know what is pcos, what is ovulation, harmone imbalance, etc..Doc prescribed me birth control pills for 3 months.

After 3 months of birth control i joined my husband in US. Then we started ttc but my period was totally irregular. It came once it 2 months. After few months of trying naturally i have seen a gynec here in US. She prescribed me Clomid 50 MG and asked us to try naturally for that month. But unfortunately my Day 21 progesterone test showed that i did not ovulate. But i did get the periods on Day 40(might be late ovulation). After first month of clomid failure, she wanted my husband to take semen analysis. To our shock, we heard the results that my husband has morphology issues. We were suggested IVF with ICSI is the only option. We were totally broken that time. Then we thought of taking a break and went to india on vacation for a month.

During the vacation, my inlaws forced me and took me to a hospital in chennai. They did all blood works, scan and tests. I have been told that my cyst size is big and i need to undergo laproscopy for ovarian drilling and to check my tubes. Within few days everything happened. Ovarian drilling was done and also found my tubes are open. Then i got a big list of medication for 1 year. As we are travelling back to US, i have been prescribed one year of medication. For the first six months, i have been given birth control and Clomid 150 MG(along with progesterone and Aloes compound(ayurvedic pill)). Then for the next six months i have been given some ayurvedic tablet(Aloes compound) along with progesterone. For that one year i have got my periods regularly in 32-35 days. But i had no idea whether i ovulated or not as progesterone will bring the periods inspite of ovulation.
    After that one year again we had a great pressure from inlaws to come back to india to go for next level of treatment. This time we didn't want to go. We decided to take treatment in US as we can have continous monitoring. We repeated my husbands semen analysis and found the morphology issue was still there. Then i emailed few RE's here in US with our details. I got a favourable reply from one RE who suggested us to go for 3 rounds of IUI before moving to IVF.

First month - Given 50 MG CLOMID and had 2 good sized follicles. But unfortunately due to stress we couldn't get my husbands sample on time and my iui cancelled.
    Second month - On day 3 scan, doctor found i have cyst from previous cycle. Though i was given clomid that month, my follicle didn't grow due to cyst. So second time my iui cancelled
    Third month - My ovaries were clear. Given 50 clomid and had 1 good sized follicle. My husband's count was good. But i had some lining issues due to clomid which they fixed with some medicine and done IUI. But it failed. We don't know the reason.

Fourth month - Again cyst - IUI cancelled
    Fifth month - Given 2.5 mg letrozole and had 1 good sized follicle. My lining and my DH's count was good. Still the Second IUI failed.

Sixth month - I really thought that i will be having cyst while going for the Day 3 scan. To my surprise, ovaries were clear. I have been prescribed letrozole 5 mg and had 2 good sized follicle. My DH's count was good. After IUI, I was not at all tracking symptoms and believe me 2ww went so fast. FINALLY WITH GOD's BLESSINGS I SAW THE POSITIVE RESULT.

As home remedies,

I had soaked fenugreek seeds along with the water until my ovulation. Avoided taking rice for the dinner. I made my DH to take cooked spinach every week as i heard it improves sperm count.

Apart from my treatments, i have been praying continously to Lord muruga and Garbarakshambigai goddess. Reading kandha sashti kavasam and garbarakshambigai slogam continously. Also got ghee from the Garbharakshambigai temple and took it for 48 days(i didn't take non-veg during those 48 days). I worship Lord muruga from my childhood. I believed him completely that he will make me to see positive result one day and it happened now.

During my ttc, IL friends made a vital role. Without their support and words i would have not approched my failures positively. THanks much to all my friends here who helped me during the tough times

2 people like this.
  10. curious28

curious28 Silver IL'ite

hey congrats and thnx for taking out time to write down such an encouraging story Reshma :)
    GOD Bless !!
    m also into ttc since last three yrs, diagnosed with PCOS, underwent laparoscopy n ovarian drilling in Nov 2011. Now following up the ovulation pattern but aahhhh had annovulatory cycle this time... Hope i get good results soon. I've also started taking Garbharakshambigai ghee prasadam from this week :) Praying for HER blessings...