Success stories using fertility treatments

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by RamyaSridhar1978, Feb 9, 2012.

1. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies
    I would like all the ladies who have concieved using any fertility treatments may be iui or Ivf, Ivf- Icsi to come forward and write out their success story this will help boost the morale of those Ttc. I would also kindly request you to mention the doctors name and place where you seeked treatment this will help the other ladies to decide on the list of probable doctors they can think of seeking a treatment.
    My success story is already available in this thread thread no 26 in the thread started by twinbabyhopes. For those who haven't seen it . In short I concieved with twins .. With Ivf,-Icsi . My doctor- dr malpani - mumbai colaba.
    Sp please ladies begin the journey...

4 people like this.

2. arnavi

arnavi New IL'ite

H Ramya,

I have conceived a son with IVF treatment my docs name was Dr.Jatin Shah (Grant Road, Mumbai).It is a very good idea to share our experience as this will encourage other ladies who are going thru a phase of infertility...

2 people like this.
  3. uma16

uma16 Senior IL'ite

ramya,
    Nice post on ur part,
    I miscarried very recently......hoping to read a lot of positive stories....
    will indeed help all those ttc....
    I am put up in nj,US .Anybody there who can give me suggestions on gud doctors?

4. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for this thread..long due...

Btw, can all of you also please post issues/ difficulties and after how many attempts at ttc, you were successful....

this will give hope to many of us who are doing regular treatment, but yet to see result:bowdown

5. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    Well xiaojie my story is mentioned in one of the thread called 2 failed Ivf and reason for so...
    Ne ways I concieved after 8 iuis,2 failed Ivf.my third attempt was a success.

1 person likes this.
  6. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

Good thought this thread will definitely help those who are TTC, it'll surely give some hope.

Here is my long story in short.

How many years Tried - More then 3yr

Reason - Unexplained infertility

Treatments I undergo - 6 failed IUI(3 cycle with clomid and 3 cycles without clomid), I also went for acupuncture, I concieved in the 1st IVF cycle

Pujas I did - I was reading Sankat nashan Ganesha Stotram 3 times daily, Sidha mangal stotra for 40 days also did Vibahv Laxmi Puja.

I also wore a moonstone which seems to be helping in conceive.

Now god only knows whether I conceived due to the medicine or due to their blessing. Since we Indian believe in God I thought I'll highlight this.

Hope this helps to our friends who are trying to conceive. All the best :)

5 people like this.
  7. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

One of my Mom's Cousin & wife were married for 10 years.

They had done some 8-10 IUIs....and 2 IVF. 1st IVF was BFP but resulted in an MC

They were given the option of surrogancy, but then tried a last attempt for 2nd IVF with donor egg..

Now they are pregnant with Twins and expcted to deliver in June :)

Belive Dr Krishna Kumar, Dombivli/ Thane was consulted

2 people like this.
  8. djain

djain Bronze IL'ite

Hey Ramya...

yeah really a nice thought of sharing ones success ...as ones own experience motivates more to overcome infertility & fight against it!!!!

well... it's nt something very different from others, now a days i see .. but want to share as I personally think that whn u r under treatment & if you find someone like you then you feel more relaxed & get strength to fight against it.

so mine start like this...
    Almost after 1 & half yr of our mrg, i had to go to a gynec because of severe pain in my lowe abdomen. She prescribed me some medicines but I wasn't getting relief so she made me do some blood tests & a sonography to check if i am infected. I did all tht & diagnosed with ovarian cysts. Having heard this i was almost depressed & worried as this going to be my 1st hospitalization of d life. But with my family's support, i could manage to do a surgery & remove it & was relaxed after it for a week... ( as some more bad news were waiting to knock my door..). Thn we were asked to do post surgery check up & meet up with doc.... on our visit we came to knw that my both tubes are closed so there is NO chance to conceive naturally... IVF was the only option given to me by tht doc...I broke down hearing this news.. I & my husband both couldn't bear these... plus this was such a news that I couldnn't share with all...( also at the same time the blame game started with GOD like y this to me n all those stuff...)

But GOD heard my prayers & made me happened to meet one of my aunt who is a gynec.. I shared her my case & she asked me went to HSG test to recheck my tube's condition... I did & found tht one of the tubes is slighlty open & saw a ray of hope thr & happily went to my gynec with reports but rather than motivating me she depressed me again saying it is of no use but i wasn't ready accept it & asked her some other alternatives then IVF ( in fact IVF is very costly procedure.. tht time she told me 1 lacs per cycle with 30% success rate...i.e. i had to have 3 consecutive cycle in order to succeed & tht to not gurranteeed which was almost impossible for us to afford... actually to motivate me for IVF she made me meet one of her other patient who succeedded after 7 IVF cycles... but tht wasn't my motivation.. :)) . But she wasn't ready to try anyother medication than IVF ( lately i understood that that's her main business & make everyone to go for that only). After seeing my firm decision abt other treatments, she asked me go 4 IUI...

My mistake/badluck... that I continued my treatment with her & went for IUI for almost 6-7 times... with no success... thn don't whn & y but i feel that was GOD's indication & changed my doc. met Dr. Rao in Jehangir as had heard a lot abt her then again the same sequence started.. case study, some tests n all... & she also started with IUI with me ... went for 3 more cycles with her & thn almost tired & hopeless abt me conceiving naturally or any other way...thn againg one more tap from GOD & met Dr. Phadnavis for 2nd opinioin for my case & asked my gynec to stop all other treatment & try for natural way...

I still believe tht that wasn't dr phadnavis but GOD himself who showed us the path & by His grace only I concieved the next month itself... but but.... If u r thinking that this was the happy ending of my 2 yrs strugle... then pls stop... this wasn't the end of my badluck.. i had more to suffer....

after conceiving, during my 4th month i started bledding.. hospitalized n was on medications... ( this time Dr. Rao wasn;t in town & her subordinate messed up with my case..).. for 2-3 days i'll feel gud & thn clot will pass to needed to be hospitalized... such way i passed 2 months.. & whn 6 month was abt to end.. one day i got labour pain & had to abort my princess...& that was again...end of my happiness & everything....

Then again routine started with doc after 3 months of abortion n conceived during very first month ... & blessed with d cutest & happiest moment of our entire life..my son Ahaan.

In nutshell, what i believe & suggest my frnds & other who are suffering from infertility is,
    1) have firm will
    2) have strong courage to fight agaist this & make ur firm decision that U R GOING CONCIEVE & BEING BLESSED
    3) have faith in GOD ( I offered votive offerings to almost all GOD of all religion)
    4) try some ayurvedic/nathropathy medicines along with ur alopathic one... have confirmed with my gynec that ayurvedic/nathropathy along with alopethic wouldn't do any side effects but in fact both are working for same cause so increases ur chances only...
    5) Share ur pain with trusted frnds/relatives who will help u during ur fight...

Hope u r nt bored with my story / havn't given much detailed one whch is nt needed... :)

Do share me your thoughts !

Lots of babydust to all !!!!

Dharini

6 people like this.
  9. ransree

ransree Bronze IL'ite

Dharani.. Hands off to you..
    Your one such bravo woman whom we tend to see rarely in life.. So many struggles and u finally acheived..this is wht is real success:) Thanks for sharing you story.. It is really a motivator to all ttc girls..

Thanks once again..

10. glimmer

glimmer Bronze IL'ite

Dear ladies
    I am new to this forum. I've been suggested by my gynae to go for iui. I've been on clomid pills. If all goes well my iui will be next Thursday. It was a real devastated news for me & my husband. I'm praying for success the first round. Anyone can share their iui treatment experience?